The Price of Freedom Novelisation

Darcrider

Spaceman
So I've had a Wing Commander IV era fanfic idea kicking around in my head for a while, but knew that I'd have problems writing it without getting through the novel. So, I finally ordered it and bought it. I gotta say, I'm a little shocked at some of the changes that were made to the story.

Mostly I wanted the novel for its fleshing out of the Black Lance's background story, and in that regard it seems to do the trick. However I was reading on these boards that False Colours also talks about Tolwyn's black ops projects a bit. Does it, and is it worth picking up?

Finally, I read something about the TCS Lexington that confused me. The novel states that she's the same as the TCS Concordia, though obviously minus the PTC. However, LOAF once stated on here that the Concordia Class Fleet Carriers were onlder model vessels than the Confederation Class. So, which is true?

Be seeing you,

Darcrider

Originally posted by Darcrider
Finally, I read something about the TCS Lexington that confused me. The novel states that she's the same as the TCS Concordia, though obviously minus the PTC. However, LOAF once stated on here that the Concordia Class Fleet Carriers were onlder model vessels than the Confederation Class. So, which is true?

I believe that it's the same as the WC2 Concordia the other exists due to its apperance in the movie when Towlyn is on board the fleet class carrier. No doubt someone's going to go on about that .:eek:

Man... this usually is LOAF's department.

Apparently there's the Concordia flagship which was downed sometime around 2634, during the Ambush.

Then circa 2660's there was the Confederation-class Concordia which carried the Phase Transit Canon. It was Tolwyn's flagship with Jeannette 'Angel' Deveraux as the wing commander.

The TCS Lexington of WC4 era was the nth ship to carry the name Lexington. There was a SecretOps carrier named Lexington that was launched in the WCArmada time.. and later believed to be lost with all hands.
The WC4 Lex is a Concordia-class carrier, with some similarities to the WC2 Connie... but I'm not certain there exactly the same class.

Mostly I wanted the novel for its fleshing out of the Black Lance's background story, and in that regard it seems to do the trick. However I was reading on these boards that False Colours also talks about Tolwyn's black ops projects a bit. Does it, and is it worth picking up?

Yeah, I'd pick it up -- False Colors adds a lot of information on how and why Tolwyn started The Project.

It's the same class as the TCS Concordia in Action Stations, the nameship for the Concordia class. The Confederation class TCS Concordia in WC2 is different.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It's the same class as the TCS Concordia in Action Stations, the nameship for the Concordia class. The Confederation class TCS Concordia in WC2 is different.

To add slightly to this, the confusion basically stems from the fact that the author saw 'Concordia Class' and assumed it meant that it was the class that the TCS Concordia of WC2 belonged to. This, of course, isn't true.

So the Author imagined the TCSLexington similar to the TCSConcordia huh ??

Im just wondering talking about books..Where do they take the permition to write??Did they go to Roberts and said "I want to write a book"?

And then did Roberts ever read any of the books ??

Enlight me ,I dont know how these works......

They either approach Origin to get rights, or Origin approaches them to write a book... I assume Roberts read them, along with others who were important to the formation of the stories of the games, since the books have been used as background material.

The commonly accepted solution to the apparent similarity between the Concordia class carriers and the Confederation class dreadnoughts is that the two ships used a similar living quarters layout, which would provide for Blair's apparent ability to locate the quarters based on the time he spent on the Concordia.

Since you're apparently on a first-name basis with him, you should probably ask yourself.

Thats a question we should've asked him during our questionare, post-Dragon*Con 2001.

And ask for the flippin WC2 Bible again.

Originally posted by LeHah
Thats a question we should've asked him during our questionare, post-Dragon*Con 2001.

And ask for the flippin WC2 Bible again.

No, not really, since he didn't write the WCIV novel... and since we already know how "he" "screwed up".

You need to be more specific. There are many things confusing about all the Concordias, but I don't think there's anything regarding them in this thread which hasn't already been explained.

No, not really, since he didn't write the WCIV novel... and since we already know how "he" "screwed up".

Well, he wrote the outline that Olander used to write the novel. Yeesh.

Back