the odd shield question

Hey, that's an interesting question, Wedge...

But after all, don't we shoot through our own shields when firing the guns of a fighter?

Theres probably phase adjustments to allow exiting radiation and beam weapons to leave the sphere of influence of the ship.

But if there is, this should work with cap ships turrets too...

[Edited by Sadic on 07-13-2001 at 09:15]

Well then how come the turrets aren't protected by the capship's global shield, or if they are, how come they are destroyed after a few shots?
:confused:

Turrets have to be lightly defended because ...um... otherwise they can't get through the phase sheilding on a cap ship. Yeah! That's it! :)

LeHah, we all all understood you're pretty much guessing here... ;)

But your guess is the same as mine... I suppose the shields are lower around the turrets to allow the beams to pass...
Though, I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who knows what he's talking about... (no offense, LeHah :) )

This is one of those rare things I can't BS my way out of. I actually have a good mind for all things WC. :)

Oh my... LeHah, you just admitted you BS out of things quite often... your reliability has vanished in an instant! ;)

You're talking to the kid who talked his way out of many, many detentions Junior year of High School after skipping Political Science for a month! ;)

Originally posted by mpanty
Well what can I say... Congratulations? :)

i would like to thank the academy and all the little peoplem, though i don't know any, so im going to thank my self for this prostigious award. now give it to me!
*thwack*

If I ever win an Academy Award, I'm throwing it into the crowd, perferably aiming at Julia Robert's head. I can't stand some of these pompus actor types! Why doesn't someone give Jerry Goldsmith a damned Lifetime Achievement Oscar?! :mad:

Back