The most hysterically sane "furry" ever

Jesus

Swabbie
Banned
Well it looks like DeviantArt isn't all bad...

And click the link before jumping to conclusions, I heard about some guy getting banned here for being a furry, this is just the opposite...yeah, SomethingAwful material stuff...

If you've ever run into the sad horror of seeing how a preteen wannabe furry generally posts on the internet, you'd know.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't ban someone for being a furry... as we're not idiots.

The furry community is great. I'm not a furry, but I sometimes wish I was and in the same breath I feel bad that the internet makes me have to insist that I'm not -- they have their act together. They run conventions and have great online communities and generally stick together. Their numbers include lots of very, very intelligent people.

Sure, I find a lot of their concepts weird. Having a fake animal persona seems like a strange thing for me... but I'll bet a furry would think pretending to be a fighter pilot on occasion is probably pretty strange, too (actually, they probably wouldn't - every furry I've ever met has been exactly the sort of accepting person who would understand that). The sex stuff is weird... but I feel the same way whenever some jerk wants to post Freddie Prinze Jr. slash on our fanfic board. Every community has that.

They appreciate a wonderful innocence about things that I really wish everyone else believed in, too -- I would *love* to be able to watch the same Disney cartoons I did when I was nine without being a sarcastic jerk about them. I envy them that so much. There's a lot of overlap between WingNuts and furries, too -- Wing Commander's Kilrathi are exactly the sort of things furries can enjoy. We should be darned proud to count furries in our number.

Wing Commander's Kilrathi are exactly the sort of things furries can enjoy. We should be darned proud to count furries in our number.

Thin ice, Loaf, very thin ice. My God, I hope you're joking.

SomethingAwful did indeed ban someone who admitted he was a Furry, and they did the right thing. I don't care how "innocent" are, they are perverted weirdos who have even more perverted sexual obscessions with animals. These people scare the crap out of me, and have only lessened my faith in Humanity.
... but I'll bet a furry would think pretending to be a fighter pilot on occasion is probably pretty strange, too
While pretending to be a fighter pilot may be geeky, it isn't as horrifying as being a Furry. At least the fighter pilot getup isn't some creepy pseudo-fetish.

Oh, yes, I must be joking -- why would the group of people whose interest is anthromorphized animals have any interest in giant talking jungle cats?

You're just being a goddamn generic internet loser. Being a "furry" isn't a weird sex thing at all... it's an aspect of science fiction fandom that's been around for many, many, many years. Furry has to do with weird sex stuff in exactly the same sense that every anime fan is a sex weirdo because hentai exists or that every Trekkie is because slash exists. The fact that the internet collectively decided to stand up and be dumb about it one day is very, very stupid. And we don't cotton to stupid here.

Funny, I don't feel like a "perverted weirdo who [has] even more perverted sexual obscessions [sic] with animals"... I am, however, changing your "Suffer not a Furry to live." sig, Fatcat, to be something less totally fucking stupid, instead of booting your ass for the stupidity of which, as LOAF noted above, this board takes a dim view, to put it mildly.

If you're basing your views on furry based on MTV's "Sex2K" special or the CSI episode, SA goonery, or a majority of coverage of furry in general, then you're working off of a rather incomplete data set.

Not to mention ignoring things that have been made like Blair/Hobbes slash fanfic. :p (And, no, I don't have a URL. I've been trying to actively purge the notion from my head for years, without much success.)

And in case the above wasn't enough of a clue, I do consider myself a furry. My views on what "furry" means will have to wait, though, as I'm off to work now.

Wait, why is this important again? Fatcat, I don't know what went into your brain to think this was even a subject to discuss here. Let me be the first to tell you nothing good can come from attacking a particular group because you think it's funny, or because for some reason you developed some kind of personal hatred for them based on the internet. Likely, there's more of them than you think and you may just find yourself with no place to vent your stupidity.

Death you don't have to defend yourself against his ignorance, if you start doing that all you do is give jerks like fatcat the satisfaction of knowing they got to you. Trust me, I know how that works.

vindicator said:
Wait, why is this important again? Fatcat, I don't know what went into your brain to think this was even a subject to discuss here. Let me be the first to tell you nothing good can come from attacking a particular group because you think it's funny, or because for some reason you developed some kind of personal hatred for them based on the internet. Likely, there's more of them than you think and you may just find yourself with no place to vent your stupidity.

Death you don't have to defend yourself against his ignorance, if you start doing that all you do is give jerks like fatcat the satisfaction of knowing they got to you. Trust me, I know how that works.

Take this anyway you want, Rance - but your coming to the defense of anyone doesn't exactly help their case.

LeHah said:
Take this anyway you want, Rance - but your coming to the defense of anyone doesn't exactly help their case.

I don't see how it hurts it either. If you actually read what I wrote I didn't exactly defend anyone. LOAF did the defending part better than I could have anyway. I stated a few opinions and offered advide to Death. He doesn't need to come back and feel like now he has to justify himself to some internet jackass, who incidently could be a spitting image of you in most cases the way you go flexing your, "I'm really smart watch me bash dumb people" attitude.

-Rance-

Look I really honestly have no good idea of what a "furry" is. I have some opinons but I can't really say that they are based on the truth. I will say, however, I'm not interested in learning anything further if it is based on some sort of sexual deviation.

Bandit LOAF said:
You probably should have read my posts before you decided to join the thread, then.

Well I don't think that they truly explained what a "furry" was. I took the assumption that it referred a group of individuals who wanted on some level or another to have sexual relations with varying animals. If that's an incorrect assumption then please correct me. Otherwise I have no real tolerance or sympathy for "furries" beyond the extent of general good manners and professional courtesy.

AFAIK, Being a furry doesn't involve Zoophilia or anything like that. Some furries like to have sex dressed up, but not with actual non-human animals... What's the problem with that?
I'm not a furry, but I see no wrongdoing in their thing.

BTW, catgirls are sexy, eheheheh.

As I already explained, it's an aspect of fandom that's interested in anthromorphized animals. Someone who's a fan of Disney's Tale Spin, Larry Niven's Kzinti or any myriad of talking anime cats might be a 'furry'.

The sex aspect is something the internet is consciously stupid about. There are furries who are interested in weird sex stuff... in exactly the same way that Star Trek fandom popularized slash. We don't go around pretending every Star Trek fan is interested in Kirk/Spock erotica, do we?

"Furry" is a classic part of fandom in general, alongside anime fans, Star Trek fans, hard science fiction fans, fantasy readers, etc. It was absolutely a normal thing until the internet decided it needed a strange seeming group to pick on.

I took the assumption that it referred a group of individuals who wanted on some level or another to have sexual relations with varying animals. If that's an incorrect assumption then please correct me.
"Furry" is a very general term, and is usually used to refer to people with the animal fetish. It also refers to the group of fans that like anthropomorphic art, which while weird, isn't as bad as the animal fetish group. That should clear it up, Maj. Striker.
why would the group of people whose interest is anthromorphized animals have any interest in giant talking jungle cats?
For the record, I remember the Kilrathi being mostly plains-dwelling before leaving Kilrah.
He doesn't need to come back and feel like now he has to justify himself to some internet jackass
I never challanged Death to "justify"anything.
Otherwise I have no real tolerance or sympathy for "furries" beyond the extent of general good manners and professional courtesy.
Very good point. I'll go with this, and i'm willing to set aside my grievances in the interests of not fanning a flame war.

Back