The moments when you were disappointed

Wow... how the hell did this turn into a discussion about game funding? The topic drift generally at least makes a bit of sense...

I'll turn it back on Course.

I was disappointed, by the Playstation Wing Commander III and IV. Because they didn't have Cockpit frames.

He Phillip, Im not talking about Skipper missles.

I know about de-cloaking before firing missles/guns...

Lets see:We load a couple of Torps at a Strakha.We cloak it and send it to find a Ranger (a random example) Class carrier.It waits,cloakes,it locks the torps during cloaking and then de-cloak for a moment,fire the torps and then cloak again and get the hell out of there !

Originally posted by WildWeasel
You can neither initiate nor maintain a missile lock while cloaked.

Yes you can! Thats what I did in Wc3`s final mission

In Starlancer also, you have to de-cloak before firing Missies/Guns (Yoy don't have to presss the cloak button, just press the Trigger and you De-Cloak)

You playyyyyyy a lotttttttt StarLancer huh Topgun ?You mentioned it again :D

Well , here is WC chat :rolleyes:

I like Starlancer. And my post seemed to fit in with the convo that was going on about Cloaking.

I was also mad when Knight, fly infront of me, just as I was shoting a Kilrathi

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Yes you can! Thats what I did in Wc3`s final mission

I'm fairly sure that that's an error, but even if it isn't, there's no reason to assume that Confed and Kilrathi cloaking mechanisms work the same way. From what we saw of how the Shok'lar's cloak worked, it's safe to assume that Strakhas also cannot lock missiles while cloaked. (Unless, of course, I'm mistaken in remembering that the Shok'lar cannot lock missiles while cloaked. After all, it's been quite a while since I've flown it.)

(Unless, of course, I'm mistaken in remembering that the Shok'lar cannot lock missiles while cloaked. After all, it's been quite a while since I've flown it.)

IIRC, the Shok'lar cloak only lasted for about a second before it was visible again. I think its only use on the Shok'lar was as a countermeasure.

Yes yes, thats true, but since Kilrathi had more advances Cloaking tech...I dont think that Confed Cloaking Fighters would have more abilities than Kilrathi ones ;)

Originally posted by TopGun
In Wing Commander IV, you're flying Border World Craft

Not exclusively. Besides, I was talking about craft with cloaking abilities. The so-called Dragon is a Confederation fighter.

Yes yes, thats true, but since Kilrathi had more advances Cloaking tech...I dont think that Confed Cloaking Fighters would have more abilities than Kilrathi ones

Kilrathi and Confederation cloaking technologies were developed separately. What makes you think that there's any relation between the two? I see no reason to assume that the Kilrathi's cloak is superior.

Well I believe that Confed stole the Kilrathi Tech for CLoaking thats why....

Also in WC4 they give some cloaking tech to Pliers.I know that BW are not Confed (not the same tech) but I dont think that Confed didnt gave them (if they had) Cloaking tech

Kilrathi and Confederation cloaking technologies were developed separately. What makes you think that there's any relation between the two? I see no reason to assume that the Kilrathi's cloak is superior.

Were we ever told how the Kilrathi cloak works? Do Strakha utilize that rare crystal Pliers mentioned too?

Also in WC4 they give some cloaking tech to Pliers.I know that BW are not Confed (not the same tech) but I dont think that Confed didnt gave them (if they had) Cloaking tech

Right, but it wasn't originally Border Worlds technology.

Back