The moments when you were disappointed

Vagabond being killed i think was the biggest shock in the entire series. Not only a good pilot but i reckon the best "acting" character in the game.

Originally posted by TopGun
I was disappointed when Vagabond was Killed, he was a great Wing-Man
I wasn't disappointed or surprised when he died... I was, on the other hand, very disappointed with the stupid card scene before he died... that was the scene of a true master :p.

It wasn't too hard to foresee how Tolwyn was to turn out. McDowell pretty much always plays characters like that. The only thing I ever saw him in where he played a "good guy" is the movie "Time After Time" (I think it was called; it was based on and HG Wells Time Machine premise)..

Originally posted by Preacher
It wasn't too hard to foresee how Tolwyn was to turn out. McDowell pretty much always plays characters like that. The only thing I ever saw him in where he played a "good guy" is the movie "Time After Time" (I think it was called; it was based on and HG Wells Time Machine premise)

Yeah I thought the same thing when I first played WC4. Seeing McDowell play another charecter like this one agian and the feeling that I knew Tolwyn was going to snap eventually kind of gave away the "suprise" for me personally.

Happy Thanks Giving!

Originally posted by Stryker
...the feeling that I knew Tolwyn was going to snap eventually kind of gave away the "suprise" for me personally.

Happy Thanks Giving!
1) Don't misunderstand: just cuz I kinda knew Tolwyn would be a shady character didn't spoil it at all for me (though it mighta for you, by the sound of it). I jus' started wonderin' HOW it was gonna turn out that he'd "show his true colors". I was rather psyched to find that it took a whole 'nother GAME to see that!... Three cheers for artfully milking plot revelations for all they're worth, without stretching it TOO far (at least IMHO)

2) Y tu tambien.

I just got off from being 16 hrs on the air (dbl-shift), and got home & called my bro. It was a nice TG for me to be able to talk to him & his wife, have 'em tell me how their lovely family (3 sweet kids who are like my OWN to me!) is doing, etc. They live on the left coast, and it's been far too long. Schweet!..

Originaly posted by Preacher
I just got off from being 16 hrs on the air (dbl-shift), and got home & called my bro. It was a nice TG for me to be able to talk to him & his wife, have 'em tell me how their lovely family (3 sweet kids who are like my OWN to me!) is doing, etc. They live on the left coast, and it's been far too long. Schweet!..
Cool, I just got back from my grandparents that my family and I went to for Thanks Giving. My cousins,aunts,uncles etc (big family) use to come too but they move down to Navada and my grand parents moved were we live so it was abit diffrent this time.

Damn Screwed up the quote thingy this time :eek:

Originally posted by Skybolt
Probably when Angel was killed and I couldn't do a thing about it.
But then, destroying Kilrah kinda cheered me up a bit:)

Ditto. If I had a pair of claws like Hugh Jackman first used in X Men (they were replaced because of how sharp they were) I know who I would have sliced them through. And hey, if Thrakhath doesn't survive a little 'heart to heart', well, that's what I call poetic justice.

Originally posted by aclove
The Tolwyn thing I saw coming; my main disappointment with that was that he was never as noble in the games as he was portrayed in Forstchen's novels. The Hobbes thing just pissed me off. I thought it was the cheap and easy way out, especially when they spent ALL that time developing his backstory as a Ghorah Khar sympathizer and a loyal friend in WC2 and the two WC2 add-ons.

I'm the same. For some reason I saw that coming a mile off. It's like with that flying car in the new Harry Potter movie (saw it with my neice, 'great' movie), as soon as they start looking for the train I knew what would happen. :)

Originally posted by Aries
when angel stopped me from pulling the trigger on colson

I'll get to that one in a minute. I was disappointed that you couldn't make decisions in the game like you could in the later ones. Because if you could, I would have killed him no question. Or be pissed at Angel for not allowing me to.

Originally posted by Stryker
Eww Rap -gags-

I thought of another moment that I was disapointed. When you beat Jazz and he ejects and you line your sighs on him and can't fire! God first time I was playing WC2 and that movie played you should of saw me hiting the fire trigger on my joystick like a mad man.

That...sums it up perfectly the way I would have, without all the appropriate F words on Cockbreath Colson. Dare say, I hate him as much as the real life monsters of today. I won't refer to them by name so that I won't hit a touchy subject.

I disappointed with the hole Prophecy scenario and the new Alien race ! I dont know why , but I think that it was really "cheap".
A new bad Alien race, the end of humanity bla bla bla.

A new "Blair" in the face of Casey.I dont know, when I fisrt played it I get disappointed.Now I get used to it :)

About Hobbes.I ll always like that cat.He never actuallu "betrayed" the Confed. He was in a Bio programm.I think that his "old" self just died after the Trigger.Not entirely,but he didnt had a choise but to betray the Confed.He was noble untill the end.

About Tolwyn.I always wanted to kill this Bastard since Wc2!
I was very very pleased fighting him in Wc4.To tell the truth I never expected to be a Traitor

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I disappointed with the hole Prophecy scenario and the new Alien race ! I dont know why , but I think that it was really "cheap".
A new bad Alien race, the end of humanity bla bla bla.

A new "Blair" in the face of Casey.I dont know, when I fisrt played it I get disappointed.Now I get used to it :)

I was very very pleased fighting him in Wc4.To tell the truth I never expected to be a Traitor

Yeah Tolwyn pissed me off in WC2 from how he demotes you then gives you all those lame missions. I never liked his charecter till WC3 when McDowell started to play as him.

About Prophacy scenaro in a way I can agree how it was kinda like a cheap remake of WC1 with Casey becoming like Blair and a new alien threat like Blair and Kithrathi. I thought though it would of been fine if they fallowed throught with the series and continued it making more of them and hopfully putting some changes in the corse of Caseys cerrier so its not totally simular to Blair's.

Not something I'm disappointed with, something I was surprised at. There was never any comment in TPOF about Blair being a traitor before, or being believed to be a traitor before. It's funny...I just thought that Tolwyn or somebody would have brought it up. Who knows where it could have led.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Not something I'm disappointed with, something I was surprised at. There was never any comment in TPOF about Blair being a traitor before, or being believed to be a traitor before. It's funny...I just thought that Tolwyn or somebody would have brought it up. Who knows where it could have led.
Well, it's not really that surprising... I mean, it's the sort of argument that would automatically backfire. Blair was accused of treason, but eventually proven right. It's just not the sort of thing you want to bring up when you want to accuse Blair of being a traitor again - especially if you're the one who was in the wrong the first time around :).

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, it's not really that surprising... I mean, it's the sort of argument that would automatically backfire. Blair was accused of treason, but eventually proven right. It's just not the sort of thing you want to bring up when you want to accuse Blair of being a traitor again - especially if you're the one who was in the wrong the first time around :).

Yep, people would just start questioning your judgment...and your sanity :)

Maybe you are right Quarto , but during the game I never thought any of these.

The most exciting moment was in the last missions.I didnt want to stop playing untill the end... what a game.....

Maybe you are right Quarto , but during the game I never thought any of these.

The most exciting moment was in the last missions.I didnt want to stop playing untill the end... what a game.....

Didn't WC2 have such a sweet last mission or what?

Yeah, WC2's last mission was a heartpounder. If you managed to survive the firefight and shoot down Thrakhath, you still had to run K'tithrak Mang's gauntlet of flak guns with whatever was left of your shields and armor, and God help you if one of your torpedoes missed or was shot down. You were just hosed and got to start all over.

Yeah ,you are right , but I dont know, in Wc4 the..atmosphear in the last missions is very cool...In or out of the cocpit

I never could understand why I'd never win in WC3's last mission until I discovered the cloak command. I was pretty ignorant and didn't want to install the guide with key commands

Back