The Legend of Seventh Disc

Nah it isn't true, if origin was to spend that much money to make a disk, why would they not sell it? and charge more for WCIV, hell i know for a longer game I would have payed

I think WCIV was the right length anyway
What I wouldn't pay for a fourth disk of WCP (and don't say SO in WCPG)

The "seventh disk" was an elaborate joke posted to alt.games.wing-commander back in 1996 -- there's no truth behind it. (The rumor spread because of the fact that the Wing Commander IV CD booklet had space for an extra CD...).

I would have payed for a 4th disc for WCP because maybe it would have contained the same gameplay but would have had a few more FMV selections since that was seriously lacking in WCP. How many times did the CAG say the same thing, or what about Rachel telling you that the Iceman would have been proud. When she never even knew the guy! BTW when did ice die since it must be after FF since he is in it

well ,it would be intersing to see things of a ConFed ship but the game was already going to the roof with all that espensive FMV and to see the the story in a ConFed/BW would drive costs too high to suport the game.

I never read Freedom Flight, but according to the Lore, I always thought Iceman died with the destruction of the Claw. Spirit, Doomsday, Angel, Maniac, Blair, and Jazz were the only survivors, I believe.

Iceman isn't in Freedom Flight. Hunter is the main character in that novel. Iceman was the one that rallied the survivors of the Claw in the moments after its destruction and got them safely to the Austin.

Ice is definitely mentioned in freedom flight in the sequences on the claw, hunter talks to him and Halcyon assignes him duties in several places

Lore was an *evil* robot for a reason.

But I digress -- Freedom Flight takes place before the destruction of the 'Claw, so it's relevence isn't. What is relevent is the WC1/2 Guide, which claims that Iceman survived (and, of course, Prophecy, which tells us how he later died).

Does prophesy talk about iceman dying specifically on the claw? BTW since the name was used in the most powerful ships of the era I think that one of the 10 midways should be named the Concordia

No, Iceman died *after* the destruction of the Tiger's Claw. He died during a deep space recon in the B'shriss system, presumably off of the Austin.

The Midways are named after famous battles involving water -- the second Midway class carrier, the TCS Mistral Sea, already honors the Concordia (CVS-65).

Back