the GREAT DESTROYER speaks.......

only two days and ive managed to not only have i more than angered some other members but have been publicly wrist slapped by THE MAN bad Deathscythe dont say anything that might hurt someones feelings, even if that persons asking for it, im sorry but there are times when i read some of the posts and cant believe what some people say, Wing Commander has been my favorite game since i was in 10 and to this day i try to approach it like MANIAC once said: "Always studying and researching. Just fly i say." so when some people go out of there way to point out a mistake by someone over and over well it makes me question if you guys actually had any fun when you played the games? Maybe some of you need to take a break form talking about it and play the game and have some fun with it

to tell you the truth, i have no idea what you are talking about, could you rephrase your whole speech?

Ah, here is the problem.

Every single idiot, troll, moron, flamer, etc. *assumes* I care. I do not. You're just some freak-job who, failing to get a date with the guy who cleans the horses or be hired at the Dairy Queen, has decided to waste his completely worthless time posting flames to a message board. The sad thing isn't that you're some pathetic organism -- we have plenty of those to spare here -- its that you think you're unique and that we really, seriously care that you're "attacking".

But we've already seen it all.

Here's a helpful little rule that you can take with you to the next message board you decide to "strike" (insert laughtrack): its all been done by someone else, and it's all been done *better*. The only sort of trolling that has ever interested anyone has been *original* trolling... and that doesn't exist. You're not anyone interesting -- you're just too stupid to realize that you're holding card #148249 for people who go to a sci fi message board and complain that the people there are talking about science fiction. Its been done, and its been done better. Hell, once in the mid-80s it was probably done well. You're an amateur.

You're not worth any more time. Somebody else ban him.

Originally posted by Deathscythe
bad Deathscythe dont say anything that might hurt someones feelings, even if that persons asking for it
Guess what, punk? I predate you and 99% of everyone else here in this intellectual wasteland, and I don't need to be lectured by a little newbie.

The simple fact is, it's not your place to determine whether I - or *anyone* else who registered here before you, for that matter - am "asking for it." I'm sick and tired of cutesie little newbs thinking they're as good as me. You want to talk shit at me? Wait around for 4 years until you're where I am now, then we'll chat. Right now, I haven't got the time nor the inclination to listen to your sorry troll ass.

You think you're hot shit, but you'd better clean up your act, son, or you won't last long.

I don't know about the other newbies but thats why I never try to argue with those who have been here longer or flame those same people. For one its against the bloody rules. For another it shows lack of imagination, lack of respect for others, and a lack of intelligence. Oh yeah and furthermore your right WildWeasel, stupid people are funny.

<Sigh>

He's banned, I do not, however, have the power to change the picture. I wish I had a stronger LART lying around somewhere...

TC

Isn't that rank much prettier? I wish we had a database of fun rank pictures on the server, but we don't and that image just happened to be there.

Originally posted by Thymerlord
I don't know about the other newbies but thats why I never try to argue with those who have been here longer or flame those same people. For one its against the bloody rules. For another it shows lack of imagination, lack of respect for others, and a lack of intelligence. Oh yeah and furthermore your right WildWeasel, stupid people are funny.

Am I the only one who thought that the point wasn't to argue, it was to debate your point? (After all, arguing means both parties are pretty uncompromising, right? Debating seems to give, at least the chance, of changing someone's opinion.)

And the point of the board is to express the opinion your willing to debate. Trying to tear into others isn't going to help. As for people who "go out of there way to point out a mistake by someone" I have about 2 things for that...

1) If there is the information on the topic, and is readily available (say, in the Ships Database) then there is a rather good reason to point out the faults in an arguement. (Spreading around half-truths, or complete misinterrpretations is rather pointless to discussions)

2) If people know enough about a subject to do so, then the person being 'schooled' should try to take their criticism with grace. After all, isn't the point of talking on the board to get others opinions/more information?

Maybe that's just what I get for trying to make arguments into debates, but arguing never gets anyone anywhere....debates on the other hand, hell that's something I'm good at! I'll change your opinions post haste! :D

Originally posted by Skyfire
Am I the only one who thought that the point wasn't to argue, it was to debate your point? (After all, arguing means both parties are pretty uncompromising, right? Debating seems to give, at least the chance, of changing someone's opinion.)
I may be wrong here, but isn't the point of a debate convincing the audience, not eachother? I thought convincing each other (or at least, trying to :p ) is called discussion.
*Stresses himself deeply to remember Dutch classes*
Yeah, I think that was it. Unless of course the precise meaning of Debate and Discussion is not the same as the Dutch 'Debat' and 'Discussie'.

And I think Deathscythe got exactly what he wanted. We responded to him.
Say after me:
*Clears throat* "I hereby vouch to completely ignore Deathscythe (and all those trolls like him), and to never respond to any post he makes again."

:eek:

Wow.

if you guys actually had any fun when you played the games?

Actually yes i did.

Maybe some of you need to take a break form talking about it and play the game and have some fun with it

Perhaps, just maybe, you should take your own advice and go 'play the game' and quit posting here. Threads like this are a waste of bandwidth, and I for one like posting here. I would hate to see that privilege taken away because of someone like you Deathscythe. Go Away.

Originally posted by Unforgiven

I may be wrong here, but isn't the point of a debate convincing the audience, not eachother? I thought convincing each other (or at least, trying to :p ) is called discussion.

I always saw discussions as an attempt to express your point-not necessarily to sway another with it. But your probably right. :)

Back