The Good Ole Days when this site meant something . . .

Hmmm, no, I covered all of that in "they fought and fought and no one cared". Well, I assume, I didn't bother to read it because it was obscenely long and not amusing like mine.

please ben, spare me hte summed up version where you put two years worth of fighting in eight words. Either way, i have this crazy little concept that I have been bouncing around in my head, I know it is just totally off the wall, but I think it just might work. Why don't we just work together and play nice?

Sounds crazy don't it?

------------------
In the darkness of night, One single creature lights up the sky.
Founder of theLancer Games
Captain of the TCS-Nemesis

[This message has been edited by WildFire (edited October 14, 2000).]

Are you coming on to me...?

But seriously, you will find that the horrible tyrannical CIC which you have spent the last months insulting has a nearly infinite capacity to forgive. We let Kalkrath back here three times, didn't we? We have *always* made friends of our enemies, from Akkbar to the Aces. You and Scorpion are both welcome to stay here, as long as you don't cause any problems, and I urge you both to stop by #WingNut and talk it out there.

Well LOAF I'm actually very glad that you've summed up that you were stealing images and such from our domain while you had entry to it.......that always makes you look really good when you say such things......."Oh we just stole images from their domain and pasted them up on other people's sites".....Sorry but I think that falls under complete and total idioticy. As for your sum up, of course you would make yourself to appear innocent in the whole matter, but you had as much to do with the so called "wars" as anyone else in the community did....

As far as the Aces reference goes......I did not start a club because of what you think. I started a club because I was a fan of WC. And with the Aces only having PBM's for the most part at the time, I decided to do something different. You can take it however you choose, and throw shit and insults around all day.....but you and I both know that you can't hide under that mountain forever. You claim this and that, but don't presume or assume without knowing what the hell you are talking about. If you can prove any of the stuff that you claim in the huge posting below, then lay your cards out on the table......however I think you'll have to fold.......

Oh yeah btw.....we are closing down not because of having to fold our cards as you put it, but because of people like yourself LOAF that are so arrogant as to claim to be innocent while keeping the flames going behind the scenes. All for what, just to say "Look MOMMY I got my piece of the WC community, you wanna see how many heads I've collected now."

------------------
All Men Seek Justice...
But Never Find Peace...

[This message has been edited by Scorpion (edited October 14, 2000).]

Wow, is IRC is really that fun? I'm now considering downloading it (yes, I am being serious).

Is there anything I need to know about IRC? I use Instant Messanger, is it anything like that?

Let me know if you wish, I'll probably figure it out in time.

DeltaKiller

But I never had access to your domain. And I'm not KrisV. And so forth and so on.

My post was, indeed, full of lies. Speed 2 was about Cpl_Hades, not me:~(. I'm sorry I decieved you.

You missed the point, however, which was that none of this matters. We can be nice to eachother and get things done if you want, or we can keep fighting. Nobody's innocent, but you're here stirring up trouble and doing little else... I think everyone here is smart enough to figure that out. Even Quarto
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Deltakiller, for information on IRC and how to connect to #wingnut, go to https://www.wcnews.com/wingnut.shtml.

Oh, we'd never steal material from another site, Scorpion. WCSC and Kalkrath have dibs on that. You know, with Kalkrath on the WCSC staff, you people are quite a team. What with Jamie stealing domains and Kalkrath ripping off content.

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited October 14, 2000).]

Last edited:
Excuse me, but the WCSC under my supervision has NEVER stolen any kind of information/content from ANYONE. However, if you have proof to the contrary, please contact me.

Now to the so called domain theft. Two things. 1) Your files where still there, all you had to do was use the numerical IP of the domain. 2) It was not theft, rather reclaimation of material which was originally mine to begin with.

Loaf, I don't know what a thing about this picture theft, however let me make one thing perfectly clear. Scorpion has only distributed his picture to a few people and placed it on his domain, SO if it shows up anywhere else and none of hte people whom he distributed it to gave it to a site, then that means that the image was manually either saved from the domain, or downloaded via FTP Access. I don't know which is hte case and frankly I don't give a crud.

As for us here just stirring up trouble, I am sorry you feel that way, however we came here to make a simple point that we need to learn how to get along, and next thing you know, mud is being slung from both sides. I am not saying I am not guilty of slinging petty insults because I know I have, however this is ends now..

------------------
Founder of the Lancer Games

Oh, as a side note to my funny story...

I seemed to imply that the other Black Lance club, blacklance.org, was a problem too... this was a definate error on my part -- the point was that the conflict itself was stupid... the clubs themselves are fine. The people who run blacklance.org have always been very kind to the CIC, and they have a lot of fun with their club -- and that's what this is all about. If these shadows have offended and all that applies.

oh excellent..

now comes hte real kicker..
at the bottom of hte page is this

Please note, all images were obtained from Official "The Matrix" website located at http://www.whatisthematrix.com. The Space Command HQ claims no copyright over these images, they are the property of the actors and that site. We merely edited them for our purposes.

lets examine what this says shall we?

Please note, all images were obtained from Official "The Matrix" website located at http://www.whatisthematrix.com.
<--Clearly States where the images came from-->

The Space Command HQ claims no copyright over these images, they are the property of the actors and that site. We merely edited them for our purposes.
<---Clearly states that We make no claims of copyright on the images, and that they were used for our own purposes--->

Now, if that is stealing material, then We are all guilty of doing this. Stealing material means that you claim it as your own, when it clearly is not.
Any intelligent person, and I know there are a *few* out there, would read that and say "hmm.. crappy editing of hte pictures, but atleast they are giving the original sources credit."

I do believe that creditign your sources is not content/material theft, infact most people would feel honored.

Now, on the side that it is considered content theft. Public Official websites like that, whihc are dedicated to movies,games etc, unless specifically stated, images are of public use. So, could someone please explain how images which have no copyright could thus be stolen?

*looks forward to this response*

------------------

That picture was on a site for a long time. The IP thing worked, for a little while. Until you got Blacklance.org's host to shut their account down al together. And your attempt to blackmail us was not appreciated either.

My attempt to blackmail you? umm.. that not correct, I never made any attempts to blackmail any CIC member..
also, I only had the account shut down totally when the whole reason for transfering the domain back to my control was to get hte blhq back into its rightful owner. I would not have had to do that if they would have started all over and let me reclaim what was originally mine.

also yes, the picture was the on Etherial Ranger's site since it's creation,and was on the Official Matrix site since the movie came out waaay back when, however since there was no claim on copyright of hte image, I got it, used it for my purposes adn then made sure to quote the source. Which actually makes it all perfectly legal.

so please, provide more examples how we stole content/information..

------------------

Oh, wait, that was Scorpion trying to blackmail me. Read what I wrote. I called Kalkrath a content thief...

And the 'picture' I was referring to was Scorpion's picture.

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited October 14, 2000).]

If the Etherial Ranger's site is your proof that Kalkrath has stolen content, then your mistaken. I was the one who designed, implemented and concieved hte Etherial Rangers. However, as I have just proved, the claims of content theft are unjustified.

If you were not refering to the ER site, then please explain to me how Kalkrath was a content thief since I very much doubt he can even create a webpage, let alone a website.

So, how is Scorpions Picture content theft? I am not sure which picture you are refing to, is it hte one of him in real life or something else?

------------------

WildFire said:
If the Etherial Ranger's site is your proof that Kalkrath has stolen content, then your mistaken. I was the one who designed, implemented and concieved hte Etherial Rangers. However, as I have just proved, the claims of content theft are unjustified.
No, you misunderstood. I should have mentioned the picture I was talking about was Scorpion's picture. As for Kalkrath being a content thief, he stole our ships database several months ago.

If you were not refering to the ER site, then please explain to me how Kalkrath was a content thief since I very much doubt he can even create a webpage, let alone a website.
Right on.

My apologies, It did appear that I misunderstood.

However, I would like to know what constitutes stealing content. It has been my experience that many of hte stats for the WC ships present in your ships database is consistent thoroughout the WC community. Therefore, if hte information is tabled off, it could appear to look very similar to your information. The only way to distinctively mark your html coding (which is legally protected under the Copyright laws) using specific information. HTML Comments <!----> for example, these would transfer over it anyone simply copied and pasted the coding.

My question is this, did Kalkrath link the to the CIC ships database? Did he use SSI to steal hte pages from your server thus increasing your bandwith usuage?

I am really very interested on how Kalkrath stole content from a site where the content is pretty much consistent throughout. That is like you saying that hte WCSC SHips database stole content from the CIC Ships database because our information is the same.

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

I suggest you ask him yourself. But there was plenty of proof... same pictures, same errors... It appears he just copy/pasted the html source and reformatted it slightly (got rid of the tables, put all the ships from one game on one page). Even the color scheme was the same.

Oh, and then there was the time he was directly loading an imagine off our server for use on his site. ( like this: < img src = http://www.wcnews.com / image.jpg > ). Essentially making us pay for his site (not to mention the fact that it was eating away at our spare bandwidth) And of course he got real upset when we put a stop to it and we were the bad guys. No, the boy's no good.

So, let me see if I understand this correctly,If I use the pictures from the CIC, edit them for my purposes, even though there is no claim of copyright to any of the images, setup a ships database using the information that I got from this site, where the content is standard in the community, Upload it, adn watch the visitors come in, then I am a content thief?

Please look over what I just wrote adn ask yourself, how silly does that sound? Information is information, it is doesn't change unless an official source has it, then all related information is changed as a result.

You even admit it yourself that Kalkrath modified the coding and layout, though kept the same color scheme. Now, you can copyright HTML coding, but you cannot copyright color schemes. Perhaps he liked hte color scheme and decided that his databsase should continue to look like that.

I am afraid that While what Kalkrath did was skirting a very thin line, it does not yet constitute content theft nor does it constitute a direct theft of Copyrighted CIC HTML.

For the Original Black Lance HEadquarters site, I had done it in a green-black color scheme very much like what the Ships database was done in. If I had made a Ship DB for the BLHQ, would that have constituted content theft?
------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

Erm, he copied our stuff. We put hundreds of hours of labor into that. Regardless one's ability to copyright such a thing, it's still a lame act. And that's the last I'll say on the subject.

Back