And blair can say to him
"Screw you."
and the price say...
"To you Heart of the Tiger, a warrior death."
and he claws Blair cheast open.
or he can be a cowerd and say...
"I want to live" or something down that line
and the prince say
" In the end, the Heart of the tiger proves unworthy, to you Heart of the Tiger, a cowerd death"
and the guards shoot Blair.
either way he goes to see angel (he is dead, jim)

You see Confed guns in WCIII when you die or one of your comrads die and there is a military ceremony. I think 4 people fire off what appears to be a laser or plasma sort of weapon. I want to know if these are used or the ones in WCIV are used. If you ask me i would like a Pulse rifle baby!

I still prefer bullets. A. They need to make full auto "laser guns"(simplifing). They need these so that a single Marine has substantial firepower alone. B.An additional gernade launcher would be nice.(not on ships though). C.A medium squad support machine gun that can lay down suppresing fire would be invaluble in combat. D. Shotguns, nothing beats the close combat potential of a shotgun.

Sufficient firepower? That's suicide :). They're fighting onboard ships, which don't always have proper emergency shielding and such. A single puncture of the outer hull could mean the loss of an entire squad of Marines, or even an entire company.

an energy weapon by very nature can have more ammo than a matter weapon, a small bullet takes up as much space as a tripple a battery, with by they a AAA battery will be able to store a helluvalot more energy than one does today

Originally posted by Dragon
Besides the Vesuvius the other ships are the St Melons, St Tushy and St Booty.

It's been a while since I read WC4.123106, but weren't they Terminator class, not Vesuvius?

Anyway, isn't there some basic limit to technology today? Just a simple example, the processors in the CPUs of our PCs. They only get faster cos the 'wires' in the chip are getting smaller, but there is only so far we can go (4 atoms? IIRC), unless we find a new and better semiconductor.

Or if we use a super conductor or if we use the new light slowingdown/stopping techniques that are supposed to lead to a quantom computer. There are alot of options.

About this whole AI taking over the world stuff, while nobody can be certain, it's highly unlikely. EVEN if we were to allow some super computer android deal to made, if it were really that intelligent, why would it have a reason to kill unless we put it there. People always are negative about this. Why can't the AI turn out to be like Data from Star Trek the Next Generation? If it's programmed to be like a human, it would just be a REALLY superior human. And if a computer ever decided to attack, we'd just shut it down. Ya know, just install windows on all androids, and when they go to take over the world their system resources would fall the crap and they'd send out error messages :)

More or less, my point is even if computers were to rise up as sentient beings, they wouldn't have a reason to kill. They would be more inclined, it would seem, to HELP those who gave it life. Why can't the android be Data or that dude from Millenium Man? Why does it always have to be evil?

p.s.

In the Matrix, the AI aren't all that evil. We got scared, nuked the shit out of ourselves, and they tried to save us. Granted, they eat us, but hey, ya give alittle ya get alittle. If the AI were really evil in the Matrix, they wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to make our lifes seem good. They put us in the peak of our civilization. Pretty nice if you ask me

Originally posted by Dragonmage
There will never be a machine that can beat a human, because guess who builds the machines? HUmans!! Even if someone were to design a machine that could improve itself and build better "offspring", so to speak, it would still be at most equal to a human, because it would use the intelligence it was programmed with to continue its line, and that would be at the same rate as humans would improve themselves. .

Actually, we are attempting to model the process even
now .. its called "neural networks", and is fascinating
reading. A neural network is, in effect, a small-scale
electronic model of a nervous system, with which we attempt to model the brain's learning, in the hope
that we could teach a machine how to
learn, and to innovate. When I last took an AI class (1998) there was a great deal of promise in this field, although
there is still a long way to go (current neural networks
learn MUCH more slowly than humans -- currently we're hoping
to achieve cockroach-level neural nets Real Soon Now).

-- Brian P.

True, but I heard about a robot named (blank i forgot) that had the intelligence of a six month old human now, maybe I am remembering wrong.

Remeber yes data was a cool guy, but Lore was out their as well. And I would like robots like those in StarWars too,

Oh great. I can already hear that prissy voice...

"We're doomed!"
"The odds of surviving <blah> is approximately <blah>..."
"I have been programmed with six million forms of communication..."

Blah, blah, blah... :)

Back