The Final Countdown? (July 10, 2007)

Hmm, that's unexpected - the people I've read about were asked *not* to send back their hard drives. Did you get back the same Xbox? LeHah was wondering about that yesterday.

When I had to send in my roommates during the holidays they told me specifically not to send in the HDD or anything else. We did get back the same box however I made sure to write down the serial numbers before it went in.

Gah, that's my worst nightmare (well, sort of), having my XBox 360 die on me, after I put some much money in it. :eek:

I was rather shocked when I read the news: every third machine having problems? Especially since it is not sure whether this extended warranty also applies to German XBoxes. I keep my fingers crossed, the only problem I have sometimes encountered was that the DVD tray didn't open. It tried but was kind of stuck.

Edit: Just read that the extended warranty applies also to Europe, phew.

That's why buying an import XBox 360 in Brazil, however much cheaper, isn't much of a good business - no warranty.

I sure hope not, not that the puns are getting old but I'd rather be working on that Paladin achievement instead.

Hmm, that's unexpected - the people I've read about were asked *not* to send back their hard drives. Did you get back the same Xbox? LeHah was wondering about that yesterday.

Yeah, it was a different box as well. At that time, to expedite holiday warranty systems back to people, they would send you back another unit as soon as your broken one was received at their repair center. They did have me keep my controller and cables.

Back