The Eisen

Actually, it's a fairly common tradition to name ships after famous non-deceased naval heroes...Carl Vinson, Hyman J. Rickover, Arleigh Burke, Ronald Reagan...of course, Vinson and Reagan weren't in the Navy, if I recall...

We don't actually know if Eisen is dead. Most assume the ship was named because the character is now dead (it rather hard to bring back a character when his actor is dead.)

TC

Originally posted by TC
We don't actually know if Eisen is dead. Most assume the ship was named because the character is now dead (it rather hard to bring back a character when his actor is dead.)

TC

i heard that they were training 3d artists to do characters for the next WC game. its possible that they could have had him without the actor. also, in the crow, whats his name died during filming and they used computers to make it so they could finish it.

They fired those they were teaching about 3d animation a while ago... Also, I doubt there's a great story driven reason to bring back Eisen. It'd be kind of morbid... Not reviving the character would show some respect...

TC

Originally posted by TC
They fired those they were teaching about 3d animation a while ago... Also, I doubt there's a great story driven reason to bring back Eisen. It'd be kind of morbid... Not reviving the character would show some respect...

TC

but they could have been planning to. that what i said

I doubt they were planning about Eisen specifically at the time... since they didn't have a game where he would have been featured prominantly planned at the time...

TC

Regardless, I think they should have some sort of reference to Eisen in future games (if there will be any). Maybe a picture of him in the background? :)

Talking naming ships are war heroes. Will there ever be a TCS Blair?

Originally posted by TC
I doubt they were planning about Eisen specifically at the time... since they didn't have a game where he would have been featured prominantly planned at the time...

TC

Aside from Prophecy. :)

IMHO if Jason Bernard were still alive he wouldn't return for that bit part in WCP. Secondly WCP takes place a while after WC3 & 4. The good captain was already a 20yr+ veteran, if he was/is still alive he'd probably be retired by 2681 and hence not appear in WCP.

The problem with naming a ship TCS Blair is that there's too much stigma. He's Confed's greatest war hero, the legendary 'Heart of the Tiger.' What ship could possibly live up to that? Anyways if they do name a ship after him it should be a Midway class carrier since he did have a hand in designing it.

Originally posted by Penguin
IMHO if Jason Bernard were still alive he wouldn't return for that bit part in WCP. Secondly WCP takes place a while after WC3 & 4. The good captain was already a 20yr+ veteran, if he was/is still alive he'd probably be retired by 2681 and hence not appear in WCP.

I think the character had been taken as far as he could, any further parts would have been pointless.

And after WC4 I don't think Eisen would've kept an active role in the military, he was getting on a bit, had a family, no real threats out there. Don't think he'd been happy with a desk job either. I'd've let him relax in his twilight years.

Originally posted by Penguin

The problem with naming a ship TCS Blair is that there's too much stigma. He's Confed's greatest war hero, the legendary 'Heart of the Tiger.' What ship could possibly live up to that?

And naming ships Intrepid and Invinsible isnt a little arrogant or asking fate to prove them wrong? Let them honor their hero.

I agree with Dak. Ok ok, Blair did a lot of damn good for Confed, but constant references to the Great War Hero begins to wear thin. I mean, come on, how long are we gonna drag this on for?

Especially as pretty much all Blair wanted to was fly. Maniac on the other hand would (probably) have loved all the adulation and such.

Back