The Destruction of the Niphilim

Will the story explain how Confed discovered the location of the Bug's home space? It looks like they are going towards the galactic core but that would be where the Mantu are, and in the Prophecy ICIS book it pretty much dismissed them as being the bugs. Of course the galaxy is big so how did they find the bugs?

Originally posted by Dragon
Sorry but its too powerful besides it would take several years (+10 years) to make one of those "things".

With ConFed's industrial base? I don't think so. Remember, ConFed would have at least 20-50 times more the industrial capacity of Earth of today. It wouldn't take that long to build.

I believe anyone who states that ConFed has only a certain number of shipyards, etc, is foolish. All one has to do is look at how big ConFed is, regardless of whether it is canon or not.

Some things may be canon, but are just plain stupid, (actually F*CKED) because the grander infrastructure of the Confederation would not have been the main priority of the authors. The plot would have been.

You can't ignore the obvious. If ConFed spanned a hundred systems, there's gonna be SHITLOADS of ships, and shitloads of shipyards.

Besides, a floating starbase, it appeals to me!

How to locate the Bugs...

Well, we can of course build our OWN wormhole. This is not too implausable. Seeing as we mated the Nephilim Plasma BFG to the Midway, we might be able to reverse engineer the Bugholes.

Also, we should be able to use the sensor data to correlate the position of the other end of the wormhole. Its stable, and I'm sure 27th century sensors would have some method of describing the nature of space. All we would have to do is find some sort of corresponding property and voila, theres your location!

Yeah, seeing how fast the Midway adapted alien technology (with no hwlp, just her science division) and the fact that we captured an intact wormhole generator in SOPS we could very well fly into bug space. But if the designers do not want us to do that, they will just find an excuse in WC6 ("The wormhole project was abandoned due to technological differences blah blah") why we cannot. Just like in evry WC game where the super technology from the former games have to be removed again so that the game becomes not unbalanced.

However, seeing as the bugs have this technology, and it appears to be in mass use, having our own wormhole technology is just correcting the balance!

Hmmmm, whenever I hear balance, I think of the ST episode, Balance of Terror. Romulans are SO COOL!

I think the balance is already in our favour. After all the bugs have all inferior machinery (except the Devil Ray). BUt as I said when the designers do not want us to fly immediately into bug space in WC6 (it will appear!!) then they will use such kind of excuse.

By the way, how does the story go on after P.? I still don't own SO...I mean which year? Do we get the chance if there will ever come a next WC...that it are even Midway-Class-ships etc. who fly one day into Bug universe or will it play '300' (just for ex.) years later, when these ships are 'past'?

SOPS still takes place in 2681, just some months after WCP. (I think it starts in 2681.061)
And I really hope that WC6 will take place not too much in the future. And I do not think that it will because then the trouble of introducing all the new characters would have been invain.

Right, but Origin/Ea also know P. was not really good and accepted by the users whom knew WC before...but I also hope they will continue where they left off (I like the Midway and I like the actors:) )! And I hate incompleted storys! And at least I want to kick the Bugs into their insect *****...(think yourself the word...).:D

Originally posted by redwolf
bottom? posterior? buttocks?

Or am I just on the wrong...er...end? :)

There are some things that should always remain a mystery, Redwolf, and I think this is one of them. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
SOPS still takes place in 2681, just some months after WCP. (I think it starts in 2681.061)
And I really hope that WC6 will take place not too much in the future. And I do not think that it will because then the trouble of introducing all the new characters would have been invain.

Well, there were ten years between WC1 and WC2, and no-one can say that all the trouble went to introduce the new characters in WC1 was in avin because of that. To be honest, I'll be so happy to just *see* WC6 that I'm not going to care when it's set. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

Best, Raptor

LOL. Wanted to say 'asses', just thought it...but your ideas are also nice! And why should it be a mystery? It's just a non-nice word of which I thought that I'd better let to say it...:)

I don't know about you all, but I want to fly a Vorlon fighter someday!

Even a Starfury will do!!! I just want a computer that can handle thousands of ships so we can have large Alliance/First Ones v Vorlon v Shadow battles!

Yeah, I really hunger for the possibility to fly a Narn or Centauri fighter. And it seems that there is hope by now... (if you do not know what I mean, look at the "i bring good news" thread in the General chat.)

OOO excellent. I'll have to read the thread.

I also wouldn't mind a B5 strategy game, much likre Master of Orion, or like what that ST: Empires at War appears to be. Know what its like?

Oh, my dream would be a Vampire but in reality. But for that I'd maybe have to let myself be frozen in and woke up in the year (anywhere between 2500 and 3000). In this time they'll maybe really fly to the stars. It's a pity, I'll never live in that time (at this time, I'll look to the grass from downwards since just mind. 500 years). But of course I'll also buy Babylon if it is ready.

Originally posted by redwolf
Originally posted by Dragon
Sorry but its too powerful besides it would take several years (+10 years) to make one of those "things".

With ConFed's industrial base? I don't think so. Remember, ConFed would have at least 20-50 times more the industrial capacity of Earth of today. It wouldn't take that long to build.

I believe anyone who states that ConFed has only a certain number of shipyards, etc, is foolish. All one has to do is look at how big ConFed is, regardless of whether it is canon or not.

Some things may be canon, but are just plain stupid, (actually F*CKED) because the grander infrastructure of the Confederation would not have been the main priority of the authors. The plot would have been.

You can't ignore the obvious. If ConFed spanned a hundred systems, there's gonna be SHITLOADS of ships, and shitloads of shipyards.

Besides, a floating starbase, it appeals to me!

First, The behemont took a decade to build, that is a fact. and it was that big (it was also Tolwyn pet project, did have a lot of atection form ConFed)

Second, ConFed lost a lot of ships in WC P and SO, also there was damage to ConFed systems.

For Last, I really cannot see a budget for something like that to be passed by ConFed assembly,were systems would require aid for being rebuild all that was destroyed.

Perhaps I am being too realistic but "all powerful" things dont really apeal to me, I like a fight on equal grounds.
As for a mobile base, that is what the Midway class is suposed to be during peace time, in war time the TCS Midway have proved that it can handle itself on its own.

Back