The correct answer...

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Two Dralthis on your tail, one above, one below, you got five seconds, what do you do?

Ok lets reverse the situation, you're locked on a dralthi, he goes evasive and enters a nebula, now what?

I've always thought about handling it by hitting the afterburners and veering off to the side at the exact same moment, once I'm out of harms way, hit the breaks, spin around and hit em with full guns.

Second one... fall back and call for backup? This seems the most logical thing to do...

"Someone help me! There's a Dralthi out here! Need backup NOW :eek:"

I think you would be the subject of relentless locker room jokes for the remainder of the tour on your carrier.

"Someone help me! There's a Dralthi out here! Need backup NOW :eek:"

I think you would be the subject of relentless locker room jokes for the remainder of the tour on your carrier.

It's not the Dralthi that you need to fear--it's his wingcats that are probably hiding in the nebula waiting to pounce on you.

kinda like "Eagles may soar, but weasels dont get sucked through jet engines"?

well i have to say i stand with those that would rather die standing, then live on their knees
:D

Who said anything about living on thier knees. What about the quote, "He who shoots and runs away lives to shoot another day!" I'd rather sacrifice one lousy kill that i'll never get once the Kilrathi dive out from behind those asteroids and live to kill a million more later.

I agree. Try to see it from this side:
You are a soldier in Afghanistan and you see a single enemy running into a village. Would you follow him? Even if he hasn't any armor and just a pistol and you have a machine gun and a armor vest?
I wouldn't.

On the first question. At the first micro second of this cluster I'd fire any friend or foes I had. While firing the missiles I'd perform a cobra turn. Alpha striking the whole way and popping chaff aswell. Hopefully I'd get lucky with either my DF's or my FF's. And then I'd punch my burners and get the hell out of Dodge. That is if I'm still alive.

On the second question: if I'm locked there is no such thing as evasive maneuvering. But honestly I'd recon to my six o'clock thinking that the Dralthi was trying to lead me away from some cap ship or base.

Oh, heck, I'd probably follow like a hothead, blast him, then keep trying to fight when his buddies showed up. I wouldn't have used any of my missiles by now anyways.

And thus why my life in WC often brings up a "reload" button.

Back