The Behemoth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceblade

Admiral
Do you guys think confed should create create another behemoth-like dreadnought? Confed has 27th century Weapons of mass destruction just as devasating as the nephilium. If they advance upon creating a ship like the Behemoth, then the nephilium could be defeated quite easily.

P.S. by Behemoth-like I mean somthing like the nephilium ship killer.

Apparantly they did make another Behemoth...

Also, it's difficult for the Behemoth to help a whole bunch, considering we've yet to see any of the planets. Unless you plan to teach them a lesson by blowing ours up...

On the subject of the fleet killer, I assume they're already working on it, since they got a good look at the Midway's, and they left the one on the Midway that she captured, which makes one assume they've gotten all the research they need from it, and have made it work.

Well, we could use it on their planets as soon as we gain control of the other side of the wormhole gate.

What about Genocide? Is it morally correct for us to simply destroy the Nephilim planets without trying to co-exist peacefully with them? We can't just blow every one of their planets to hell.

stuff that they come into the confederation galaxy and destroy confederation ships steal steal terran ppl to preform experimentrs on them cut them apart and dont even try to contact the confederation?? u think it would be morally incorrect to go in there and blow the buggies up?

i think it would be the smart idea, but id use it more on the wormholes then i would there worlds, if u go into there galaxy u may find trillions of vessles, which would overwhelm the confederation ships and destroy the beheamoth which would be a bad thing indeed

moral sucks, death to the lot of em, id wipe them all of the face of the universe, some1 kille dmy family, i would kill him and his family

You remember the Iason, right? It trasmitted a wide-beam broad spectrum transmission to the Kilrathi? And the Kilrathi Commander thought it was trying to over-whelm his shields? Well maybe they DID try to communicate, and we missed it somehow. Did anyone think of that?

1) One has to find out if the planet is tectonically stable. This requires recon-in-force missions. And lots of Confed offensive work.

2) There's no guarantee the Behemoth is big enough to go through a wormhole (but in all due fairness, some of the bug ships are big)

3) A Behemoth size vessel attracts attention. Not exactly useful for a scout mission when the objective is not to be seen. No one is stupid enough to send a Behemoth sized cannon into the worm hole for mere recon. Imagine the radar signature this time emits.

4) The Behemoth was a gas guzzler and an energy hog, and requires lots of logistics to operate. Kinda would be dumb to send the thing into the middle of nowhere through the wormhole, and find out there's no nearby planets with superduper Hydrocordaline gas to keep it running huh?

5) Behemoth needs a supporting fleet, it cannot operate with minimal fleet strength. They will not commit it until there's enough forces in the sector, and putting enough forces into enemy space is going to piss off a bunch of bugs. Only fools charge the most defended sectors head on. But the Behemoth is so big that's the only option eh?

6) Gaining control of the other side of the wormhole is a goal, not a step in the ladder. Gaining control on the otherside is already going to result in heavy casualties.

7) I'm going to put a big bullseye on your ass and declare it open season, if you make one of your WC contradictory "fan designed" Mega-Super-Giga Behemoth in your lame attempt to expand Wing Commander in the name of creativity and diversity.

donotfuckwc.jpg

well aint that special... i do agree with almost all your points, though who knows mabey confed did create another behemoth, it could of happened.

though i find that radio feild thing unlikly at best, they were properciced to be the destroyers of everything.

blair says they are death reincarnated.

even in there taunts they say "it is our destiney to destroy you"

Wow, what is the old axiom, something about "becoming your enemy"? I'd personally like genocide to be a final option in a war (like it was in WC3 in both the Behemoth and T-bomb), not the first plan of action. Lets see, if a war begins with another race, lets just go nuke their planets and leave our values and morality at the gates of hell. Hmmm, I know I've heard that kindof strategy somewhere before, in both the real world and the WC universe.

C-ya

I would just like to see the bugs reaction if you shot the behemoth's gun through the gate while it was open, then destroy the gate. I am sure, though, that a few thousand CSM's with the biggest warheads avalable through the bug gate would be much more effective.

I would just like to see the bugs reaction if you shot the behemoth's gun through the gate while it was open, then destroy the gate. I am sure, though, that a few thousand CSM's with the biggest warheads avalable through the bug gate would be much more effective.

Oh no! They're blowing up *SPACE*! With kilotones and kilowatts and ISDs and stuff!

This thread is pretty awful.

well capship missles have gotto be expensive in the thousands. might just be easier to throw the beam thru the worm hole, incinirate dozens of ships at a time.

genocide, may not be the last answer when they have destroyed/capture your only route to use, to get to them. wouldnt do if u got destroyed befor u got to use it on them.

genocide is only good if provoked into attack and u have every right to use them to stop a war, besides there only giants 15 foot bugs who cares if they get squished at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back