The 5 Deadliest Pilots

DangerousCook

Rear Admiral
:D

Pretty straightforward, rank who you consider to be the five deadliest pilots (no specific time period or affiliation required) preferably with a small amount of reasoning behind it. It takes me forever to think up lists like these so give me a while to decide.

I'm not sure such a list would make much sense, but I'll bite.

1. Blair - Highest number of ace kills, making him a good choice for the worst guy you can face in a duel.
2. Maniac - He's just too lucky and skilled
3. Primate - Maybe he'll just negotiate with you. On second thought...
4. Kur - The back neutron guns will eat your Sabre's shield
5. Thrakkath - He's got style, he's got the bloodfang

Tough to say. Do you mean in the WC universe or how we experienced it?

Blair is certainly one of the best, as is probably Maniac. They survived a long time and got very high kills. Casey, I don't know. From the manuals, I think Bhurak and Thrakhath have to be pretty good pilots as well.

Do recall, when mentioning Blair and Maniac, that they weren't numbers 1 and 2 on the all-time kill list, but 11 and 12, respectively (though as Delance noted Blair does have the highest number of ace kills during the entire war) as per the Prophecy official guide, though most of those ranked higher in kills flew earlier in the war, when the defenses of Kilrathi ships were weaker

I tried to keep that in mind but still. since they survived the war and Blair also had that long period of low action after the Tiger's Claw-incident, I would guess they are the best.
And of course, I limited my selection on those persons we know something about and that's not the case about with the Top Ten, is it?

(On a sidenote, isn't Maniac even only number 14?)

Blair was 11, Maniac was 14. Blair had the most ace kills ever and Maniac was the Space Force's top active pilot as of 2681.

The official guide explains the rankings thusly: "Blair's kill ranking is higher than it sounds because of the period during which he flew. Most of the top aces of the three-decade Kilrathi Conflict flew during its bloody early years, when defensive tecnology on both sides was minial, and the Kilrathi were far more inclined to all-out suidicide assaults thant hey would become in the later years of the war. Blair and Maj. Todd 'Maniac' Marshall are the only aces in the war's top 40 to enlist after Custer's Carnival, making Blair and Marshall far and away the top aces of their generation."

Which is to say that 11th and 14th are more impressive than they sound, but they aren't *absolutely* the top two pilots of all time.

Where does Michael Casey fit into all this? I don't recall there being a great deal of information about him, but his reputation and the era in which he did the bulk of his flying suggest that he would be pretty high on the list.

Since the operative word is deadliest I thought of my rankings with that concept more in mind. I thought of it more as which pilots I would not want to face in combat.

1. Michael "Iceman" Casey
2. Ian St. John, also known as Hunter nar Aussie (How can you not love Kirha hrai Hunter nar Aussie)
3. Christopher "Maverick" Blair
4. Prince Thrakhath
5. Jason "Bear" Bondarevsky

If I recall it correctly, he achieved 367 kills during a nine year career so I don't think he would be very high in the list. But he is always described as a very skilled pilot.

Edit: that was in response to Vinman's post.

Feel free to rank them by any criteria you wish, I think it'll be more fun that way! However, I don't think that number of kills is necessarilly the end-all be-all in this analysis.

If you think about it, number of kills has a lot to do with the circumstances (some pilots were involved in more heavy combat sorties than others.) Perhaps judging it on "during their prime" as opposed to cumulative career kills? Again, feel free to use your own reasoning.

Surprised no one mentioned Seether yet considering the fact that he is invulnerable on the missions you fly with him :p

I think Blair makes a strong candidate because of his experience in fighting aces and other notable, large, difficult engagements. Blair’s solo strike of K'Tithrak Mang attack gave him just a few kills, but should value a lot on the "deadliest" meter. In terms of quality, it seems hard for anyone to beat Blair and Maniac.

I think Blair makes a strong candidate because of his experience in fighting aces and other notable, large, difficult engagements. Blair’s solo strike of K'Tithrak Mang attack gave him just a few kills, but should value a lot on the "deadliest" meter. In terms of quality, it seems hard for anyone to beat Blair and Maniac.

Not to mention all those ships that where destroyed when Blair bombed Kilrah. I know he didn't actually destroy them himself but I think he should get some credit for causing their destruction.

I think the skill required for that mission is enought credit for the purposes of this list.

Surprised no one mentioned Seether yet considering the fact that he is invulnerable on the missions you fly with him :p

From what we know it doesn't seem like he had that much combat flying time during the war. He's a highly trained and skilled pilot, but I would think more of his kills came from the UBW conflict and then he was usually flying with several advantages that almost guarenteed victory.

And I have to agree with DCook...Primate is almost always my primary wingman in WC4. Hearing that line was great every time.

Since Blair defeated Seether, the former is the deadliest, and the latter is just dead, or symbolic of all they will achieve in the future.

Seether also had part of Blair's DNA in his genetic template, but as with any copy, the original is still the better...

From what we know it doesn't seem like he had that much combat flying time during the war. He's a highly trained and skilled pilot, but I would think more of his kills came from the UBW conflict and then he was usually flying with several advantages that almost guarenteed victory.

Seether served with 'Confederation Intelligence Ops' for over fifteen of the war years -- I'm sure he had all sorts of accomplishments that no one will ever hear of.

Hawk explains that he first met Seether when he (Hawk) had first started serving with Confed - Seether was a normal pilot who was quickly transferred to TCIO.

Back