Texturing WCP ships

Well, like I said - there are no mission specs at this stage :p. About all you can do is try to put together bases of certain types and hope they'll be useful later on. Oh yeah, and the buildings actually do need to be kept separate - while we put them together later on after transfer into WCP, they need to be separate at this stage so that each of them can become a different component.

Say, but here's something you might find more interesting for the time being - can you design us a tank? This would consist of three objects - the main body, the turret base, and the turret barrel. These would have to be delivered to us as separate objects, but obviously a shot of how they fit together would be useful too.

About incorporating your ships, there is some hope that Thomas' page will be made available in the next few days or weeks, at which time you'll be able to download all the tools that you need :).

Well Basilisk, i need someone to make a quick fix on a whitestar model for me (for some reason, a poly dissapear when i got it ingame. creating a hole), so i need someone to add a poly to the model and cover this hole...

sounds relatively simple....... if you send it me in 3ds form ill send it back to you as soon as its done.... whos is it? what model is it?:)

KW, ill check it out and send it to you.....:) i playing throo wc3 at the moment, so itll be later when i start... im sure it wont take long (i work fast when iv got a specific objective:))

I've sent you the model Basilisk, its Kier Darby whitestar model, modified (textures and poly count) by maudib.
Its a single missing poly, i've sent the details on the e-mail

Never mind Basilisk, Smasher fixed it :D

wstar.gif

so you sent it to him too? or he fixed the problem with the vertexes? the tanks coming along ok, just started it.......... it has akool armor plating effect on it, but no texture on it.... nice plane!!:)

Ok does anyone have a fully texured Behemoth model and not the one in the WC3D section. Cause I am playing around with texturing in 3d exploration and I just might be able to make my shadow enhanced Behemoth, but I dont have a fully textured ship, I have everything else so can anyone help me?

Thx Basilisk, i had sent to him too, but i though he didnt had time to do it...turns out he did, sorry.
Can you make that tank Q mentioned?
Stunner, get the behemoth from HCl's and open it into 3d exploration with Thomas plugin.

haha! its almost done........ im mapping it at the moment, Q hasent emailed me back with his comments on its final look... hes been relatively impressed so far (i think)

Good :)
Q didnt told me about that. Wich design is it? Confed, Kilrathi, Nephilim...?

Maybe you can get a few buidings and a hangar like structure for the 'planetary' and 'asteroid base missions" also?

It's definitely Confed - Kilrathi designs might be a bit harder, and who's even imagined a Nephilem tank? But hopefully those will be done too, eventually :).
Right now, it's looking really big and powerful, with a two-barreled turret :). Of course, the turret base itself looks a bit like a squashed ball, but that's unavoidable, in order to allow the barrels as much rotation freedom as possible. With textures, even the turret base should look good, though.

go to my page for my crudely textured tank....... the textures really suck you know........ what colours should i do????:( klrathi tanks should be piss easy...... lets get an angular shape... colour it red "voila!!" lol and for a nephilm tank... well whats the going rate for snot these days?

Nice design Basilisk, though if i remmember correctly, the tanks in WC4 fmv were kind of floating tanks...i will see if i can get a shot of it. (Danm got ot play WC4 again ! :D) The colors should be gray and blue...thats the usual color in confed ships.
For a nephilim tank, i have some ideas...i will see if i can draw something later...

Check your e-mail Basilisk, i sent a couple of WC4 confed tank shots...as for the Kilrathi tanks, there wasnt some on WC3? Q can you extract them?

Yeah, KW, I think the WC4 tanks were hovertanks... but then again, they were also considerably lighter, with just one barrel and a lot less armour :). This - this is a very heavy tank :D.

I'll see about extracting the WC3 tanks for ya.

Now, as for the textures, I think that green texture needs to go (it wouldn't make much sense to paint a tank in two types of camouflage), and you might want to add some details (maybe a Confed logo? Hmm, no, that would spoil the camouflage). Other than that, it's coming along quite well :).

i really suck at textuer editing, and the green is terrible.... but i wanted something to look "tank like"....... iv just done the practice tecton bomb run in WC3, and the dr severin missions... i dont think the tanks are hover tanks. i will check my mail now........ its not a heavy tank.... probably more like a medium

All right, all right, I admit it - I don't have WC4 with me :).

Although actually, if you wanted to make it a hovertank, Basilisk, feel free to - this could be quite beneficial for us, because it would allow us to give it limited movements (as it is right now, it will not be capable of moving at all).

Back