Terminus - Anyone Played it?

Excelsis

Spaceman
I just found a Privateer type game called Terminus. Has anyone played this one? Is it worth my time and money?

I think I've heard of it... Whether I've seen it in stores or not, I didn't buy it. I'm not sure, but some people who did buy it weren't so enthusiastic about it... Anyway, the best way to find out is to actually buy it. All you'll lose is some money and a little time.

I own Terminus. The first thing I must point out is that game is representative of what space combat would be realistically. With that said the game uses Newtonian physics to control the ship, which is pretty cool. Overall the game has a pretty good story , good graphics , and good gameplay. The game is also compatible with Windows , Linux, and Mac. So in short the game is good.

Yes, it felt a bit like Independence War lite... Cute thing, and from what I could hear it has good music in it. Now, if I could just get enough money to go on a mad purchase run...

Did you have a Freespace 1 this year? I have one that I'm not very attached to...

Why wait? ;)

But isn't it a bit ironic, though, that with every game you buy just to destroy, you increase the demand for those games and the profits of the companies that made them. Or do you guys not care/worry about that?

Chances are, LOAF and the boys just ebayed for it... would YOU waste your time buying it out of a store? :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
But isn't it a bit ironic, though, that with every game you buy just to destroy, you increase the demand for those games and the profits of the companies that made them. Or do you guys not care/worry about that?

Quiet, you!

Originally posted by Wedge009

Originally posted by Manic
Chances are, LOAF and the boys just ebayed for it... would YOU waste your time buying it out of a store? :)

I work in a video game store. I get these $2.99 games at a discount. I think that pays for the shipping all these games have done from factory to warehouse to store to warehouse to store and back in the years since their release.

Let's see, we've had drowning, crushing, coffeeing, blowtorching, knifing, ironing, frisbeeing-in-to-swimming-pool-7-floors-below and plain old smashing. Need new ideas for next year. Preferably something we can do from a hotel room.

You could put it on a sidewalk and twist it a few times just for starters.

We might just have to plan a bit more in advance and find a way to travel beyond the hotel to do it. Originally we were gonna do it at Tye's house, but things just didn't work out. We will definitely have the material to sacrifice next year though.

Back