Technology gap between WC 3 and WCP

Cool! Hope you succeed in all you do! I think it was popular science. It may have been a different mag....It has been a year since I read it.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Actually, you are incorrect. Scientists have made specific particles move subsatntially faster than the speed of light in a vacum, it's called boring. I'm too tired and too lazy to explain it, but it has been done. It just has massive massive disadvantages that make it unfeasable for everyday use.

Not only have they accelerated particles faster than light (atom smashers or acceleration rings) some scientists in Europe working with some other scientists in JPL and General Dynamics, are working on producing particles of anti matter. As Zor pointed out, the energy even to make particles accelerate in a controled environment, is huge. Those particles have to be contained in a field generated by powerfull superconductor coils layed out in a circle, which could measure 2 miles in diamater or larger. They (scientists) were using these smashers to figure out the way the universe evolved, plus other things. I have faith in our worlds scientists they will succeed with these experiments. If a strong enough containment field is generated, and a way to tap that field and channel the energy release to some form of energy collector, it could then be used to study new power methods and even perhaps be a method of creating distortion wave generators (non-rocket fuel engines) to propell spacecraft. Much like a surfboard on a wave of water. It may also be the key to produce spatial distortion waves which would be perfect for deflector fields. But gotta get over that first speed bump in the road and produce a power source capable of producing the massive amounts of energy required.

RFB

The most interesting bit is that they completely stoped light in one place, so if you take a liberal interpretation of it they created infinite time in that location because if the speed of light is zero, and a particle with mass is in that location, then it is traveling at the speed of light meaning that time doesn't exist for that particle, ie infinite time has been achieved.

There are also particles that travel at infinite velocity, ie the same particle exists in 2 places at the exact same time or at least down to the lowest measurable amount of time.

both of these are very interesting, there is also anti-matter which promises to have many power/propulsion/weapons possiblilities in the future.

Back