TCS Winterrowd

BlueClaw

Spaceman
Are their any pictures available of the TCS Winterrowd's structural design, and was there ever any solid information given on its class and stats, besides the rumours we heard in various Wing Commander games of the Mandarin trial held aboard and its eventual destruction at the hands of the Steltek probe?

No, the ship that Jazz was trialled aboard was the TCS Centurion. The TCS Winterrowd appears to be a different ship entirely. Some nameless Mandarin was trialled aboard the Winterrowd during the WC1 era, IIRC, and the trial was even mentioned in WC2 by Blair, but it wasn't Jazz.

According my *source*, is named after Kirk Winterrowd, a guy who appears in a bunch of WC credits ;)

Originally posted by Ghost
According my *source*, is named after Kirk Winterrowd, a guy who appears in a bunch of WC credits ;)
CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER!!!!!

Wasn't the Winterrowd also mentioned in one of those random news events that the Gemini bartenders used to babble about? Like it had been taken out by the cats or something to that effect?

--Eder

Yep...

Originally posted by BlueClaw
...its eventual destruction at the hands of the Steltek probe?
...though whether it was the Steltek drone ('Kilrathi superweapon'), or just the Kilrathi, I can't remember.

And it's tried, Jazz was tried aboard the TCS Centurion. :(

Some of the stuff about heavy losses aren't drone-related, though... they talk about the 6th fleet being lost at Midgard, which was from SO2.

Which is why I couldn't remember if it was the responsibilty of the Steltek drone or the Kilrathi.

But it's odd that there's two Midgard systems - I thought that reference about the 6th Fleet was in reference to Gemini's Midgard, although it makes much more sense if it's the Midgard in the Epsilon Sector.

Back