TCS Victory

Look at the Target Cam in the top right corner. The "big difference" you're talking about is the difference from the blue hull areas to the grey hull areas, except that outside the Target Cam, it is affected by nasty green lighting.

--Eder

I dont think its a BIG difference or that it looks bad

Some shots without colored light:

vic0.gif

vic1.gif

Well, personally I think it looks bad..... the change between the two textures is abrupt. If it had simply used a recolored version of the WC4 textures it would look much better, because both textures would have the same look.

The textures on the Lexington were a lot less interesting. In fact, I thought they were quite ugly :(

KW's model r0x0rz, though :cool:

:)

The lexington was all gray, the only wc4 ship i remmember that has any blue in the textures, is the vesuvius.

The Victory didnt had that red and yellow prongs afaik...in any case i uploaded a new texture set for the victory, to use the blue from the vesuvius (almost no difference), and those red/yellow prongs:
http://killerwave.solsector.net/test.zip

If anyone wants to modify the textures, to make it look better, its more than welcome ;).

Originally posted by KillerWave
The Victory didn't had that red and yellow prongs...
Whoops, you were talking about using the Lexington's textures, I forgot it's supposed to be the Victory. But still, the Victory does have some striping on the prongs. Among some other things - you'll note that the middle section has grey in it, and the engine area still has some of the metal plating the majority of the ship has. Nevertheless, I still think placing the turrets and components to be the hardest part, and is well deserving of congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, so im halfway right, the victory doesnt have red and yellow prongs, they are black and yellow :p

The major problem i have is that the model wasnt made originally to be the victory, so i had to rearange the textures to be as close as i can get...i improved it a bit, i think shrike may like the new blue texture.

vic_out.gif

I updated the zip on the ships section.

Ahhh, so im halfway right, the victory doesnt have red and yellow prongs, they are black and yellow :p

The major problem i have is that the model wasnt made originally to be the victory, so i had to rearange the textures to be as close as i can get...i improved it a bit, i think shrike may like the new blue texture.
Thumbs up! That looks much better. :)

Updated the textures again, thx to Eder advices, the blue is less opaque and looks more metalic ;)

Ah, it's good to see that you got the hang of it, man :)

--Eder

Back