Tcs Lexington

Eh, it's arguable that it's an intense refit after WCA... I go with the two carriers viewpoint, myself.

AFAIK, they're separate. The 'official' line is supposed to be that both carriers destroyed each other in WCA.

WCA: Lexington class
WC4: Concordia class

It's clearly explained in the WCIV novel...

The TCS Lexington from WC4 is the same as the TCS Lexington from Fleet Action. The Armada one is different.

I live in Australia too.
The best place that I can think of to get Wing Commander books is from Amazon.com
of course, then you get the hefty import fee.

I don't think so, as a lot of book stores are very good about importing in books for you. My advice would be try both the big chains (Dymocks, Books n' More) and the specialty stores that stock mainly SF/Fantasy books. I was able to get all the WC books that way in NZ, apart from End Run which I had to order from the States directly.

Best, Raptor

Yea, ya cannot pass up END RUN. That book started me on the Wing Commander series like 6-7 years ago and I haven't looked back since. WOW....that was a page turner. :D

Hey, guys, it's even more difficult to find WC novels in France... well, there aren't any translation, so I had to buy them through amazon.com... and for english is not my first language, it's pretty hard to read...

Think Belgian or German people here have the same problem...

John

There are German translations of most of the books... (I believe there's also at least one or two French translations).

The Lex sure had a good service record (the WC4 vessel). I didn't know about the Wing Commander Armada carrier, but IIRC there are vessels of other types also named the Lexington scattered throughout the WCU.

As far as the books, well at one point in the past, End Run, Fleet Action, and the WC3 novel were the most often seen on bookshelves. I had to order everyting else, and I sure was glad I did!:)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I believe there's also at least one or two French translations.
Amazon.fr gives only results for books in English (Freedom Flight, Fleet Action, False Colors, and The Price of Freedom ). Myself, never saw a French edition of a Wing Commander novel...

Which novels are you talking about and where did you see them in French?

Originally posted by Wulf
IIRC there are vessels of other types also named the Lexington scattered throughout the WCU.

Grugh. It's enough of a headache keeping track of all the Concordias floating around in the WCU :(

Hehhehheh...here's one for ya!

POP QUIZ! State all designations of vessels bearing the names of Concordia and Lexington. (teacher's note: bet you can't do it, punk. MWUHOOHAHAHA!!)

POP QUIZ! State all designations of vessels bearing the names of Concordia and Lexington. (teacher's note: bet you can't do it, punk. MWUHOOHAHAHA!!)

Ohhh the Pain... ohhh the pain.... :D

TCS Concordia, Concordia class Fleet Carrier, newly commisioned as of 2634. Destroyed at Battle of McAullife.

TCS Concordia, Concordia class Supercruiser. Commisioned 2645, served at First Battle of Sol and the Pilgrim incursion.

TCS Concorida, Confederation class Dreadnaught, CVS-65, commisioned 2661, destroyed 2668.

TCS Lexington, Concordia class Fleet Carrier, CV-44, served at Battle of Earth where it was totally gutted. Rebuilt by 2673, in time to be crippled by Col. Blair during the Border Worlds.

TCS Lexington, Lexington Class Heavy Carrier, refitted with colonization equipment and sent out into Kilrathi space in 2668. Missing, presumed destroyed.

That good enough for ya?

Back