• Die by the very weapons you adore!

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • You cannot defeat the Dhrakkai!

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • You cannot defeat the heir to Kilrah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobly fought, heart of the tiger...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Fight hard, colonel, I hunger for a true challenge.

• You pathetic descendent of monkeys!

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I'm gonna barbecue you chickens!

• Your corpses shall drift amongst the stars.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No humans will survive

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I couldn't get all of them.

Hey, does anyone remember the full "Nobly fought" taunt? It's no on the WC3 script.

I think Hobbes says it when you fight him.

Anyway, Thrakhath's taunts at the end of WC3 are the best. They anger you the most. The rest just get annoying.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I think Hobbes says it when you fight him.

Anyway, Thrakhath's taunts at the end of WC3 are the best. They anger you the most. The rest just get annoying.

Actually I think that taunt is something Thrakkath says on Kilrah. And yeah, they are the more impressive of the game.

Who was it about dung and Mida 4 or something? It was the Darket ace in Wc3. That guy didn't have much of a repetoire...especially if you leeched him and just sat there taunting him.

Anger you? Naaah. After defeating him in WC2, it was difficult to take the guy seriously in the WC3 duel :p.

As for the others, I always liked the way "You pathetic descendants of monkeys!" was pronounced. "You cannot defeat the Drakhai" was actually amusing, since it was usually followed almost immediately by "Yaaah!"

The Priv Kilrathi were the best, though. They had great pronunciation (at least in the floppy version, the CD version was a bit less cool) and a lot of variety, ranging from the hostile "Fight back, there is no honour in slaughter!" to the friendly "Monkey boy, you make me laugh!"

"You cannot defeat the Drakhai!" is a classic, but my favorite was always,

"Time to die, human!"

Why, you ask? Simple. I'd always say, "Alright, if you insist," and blow his little fighter into pieces. Guess it really was his time to die. Nice of them to let me know when to kill them.

Wow. Judging from the results of this poll, you *really* cannot defeat the Drakhai. :)

--Eder

I have a taunt of my own for Thrakhath.

"Have at you, prince."

For a while he changed his name to "the artist" Thrakkath. Then he changed back.

I've heard that oen used a hundred times in the one mission. They'd sometimes say it five times in a row. So much for originality. My reply is usually "Back on Earth we eat cats."

The "pathetic descendent of monkeys" was so repeated I remember CGSP using it as a headline in the review.

Back