Talon armor and speed

tcat92

Spaceman
Is the Talon anything like the Talon in the original? I got 2 hs missiles on it and it just took out the armour. In the original, 2 missiles were enough to blow it up after you softened it up with your laser. Also, the Talon seems way too fast compared to my Tarsus. Is the medium setting of difficulty anything like the normal setting of the original? I ask because I used to be better than way I am with the remake. Or maybe I've become rusty.

The way it was before in the original was that you would get attacked by 3 ships at once (or more) and only way to handle this was to shoot missiles at the first 2 and then handle the last one slowly. It was crucial to dispatch the 2 other ships or you were toast. Lucikly, they would be in a talon (even kilrathi ships could be handled the same but a bit harder), and all you had to do was shoot 2 missiles at them (at least, it kept them busy for a while). Yeahk, as it stands with 9b, the balance is off a bit. Will be glad to test the fix out. I don't want to make it too easy, but really close to the orig as possible. Thanks. I'll let you know.

The original was way too easy versus talons. I like it in the remake that when you start, your tarsus is a sitting duck and one talon can kill you. That's the way it should be, the talon is a light fighter and the tarsus is a truck.

Not with just the Tarsus but with Galaxy as well. I'm talking about the armour and the shield of the Talon, not maneuverability of the Tarsus vs. Talon.

Well, not being the best pilot in Gemini, I can't say its too easy, but it is easier to blow up a Talon in 1.0 than in .9b. I think its just right and close to the original. I'm playing in Medium mode.

The Talon is classified as a light fighter and light fighters shouldnt be able to take out 2 Demons and a Tarsus like I saw in 9b (true story). I'll have to dl the pre1.0 if I can, wanna post a link please? thx

Yeah. The Talons in 9b are NUTS, from personal experience. They take way too much punishment, but they hit appropriately hard. :)

Back