Tactics Prehelp 2nd try.

Rictheron

Rear Admiral
I am very offended by the implication someone made that I did not acquire this legally. To quote , one should never question the honor of another unless they have none themselves. I have never acquired anything in life by illegal means, and am proud of it.

Regardless. I bought a used copy of Nexus from EB Games but it did not come with the activation code. Now I have and can post photos to prove that I have:
A valid reciept
The original box, manual, ad cards, cardboard box shaper, and CDs (no case)

I can not return the game because EB Games will no longer be carrying used PC games due to the merger with Gamestop. I was informed that I could get a new code from the Nexus support staff and have messaged them several times but they have not replied.

I got this game primarily so I could play Tactics and 2634. So at current I have no recourse, and no way of using a game I bought and paid for. I do not think asking for a little help is a terrible thing and requiring of having my thread locked up.

Rictheron said:
Now I have and can post photos to prove that I have:
A valid reciept
The original box, manual, ad cards, cardboard box shaper, and CDs (no case)

Then do so for heavens sake!

Rictheron said:
I am very offended by the implication someone made that I did not acquire this legally. To quote , one should never question the honor of another unless they have none themselves. I have never acquired anything in life by illegal means, and am proud of it.

I can not return the game because EB Games will no longer be carrying used PC games due to the merger with Gamestop. I was informed that I could get a new code from the Nexus support staff and have messaged them several times but they have not replied.

I got this game primarily so I could play Tactics and 2634. So at current I have no recourse, and no way of using a game I bought and paid for. I do not think asking for a little help is a terrible thing and requiring of having my thread locked up.

Your indignation is very misplaced. There is absolutely no means by which asking fellow consumers for a method to play your game without an activation code can be legitimate. Any answer someone could give would violate our forum rules and the Nexus intellectual property license. I very much doubt that the Nexus support staff will give you a code, and posting pictures of your contents wouldn't change any of this.

The very obvious solution is to take your nonfunctional product back to the place you got it and demand a working product. It doesn't matter that EB will no longer be selling used games. You bought a used game from them and it doesn't work. The employees there telling you to try to get a code from the manufacturer is completely inappropriate. They are obligated to include a code with your purchase. The developer giving you a code would be equivalent to them giving you a free copy of the game. You have the receipt, so go back and get a refund or exchange for a working copy of the game. That's all there is to it.

Back