System Shock with or without Dosbox.

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Anyone know how to make CD version of syshock work in XP with or without Dosbox? VDM and dosbox gives the same error message, and if i just play it without a dos emulator, the game quits when a start a new game.

Running System Shock 2 on Windows 2000 or Windows XP
How to Install
#Press the Start Button
#Press theRun button.
#In the box type x:/setup.exe -Lgntforce Where x is the letter of your CD-Rom drive.
#Press Enter
#Follow the onscreen prompts.

How to play.
#Install the latest service pack for Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP(SP1). Both are available from the Microsoft Website
#Set the Compatibility Modes to different settings. (Right Click shock2.exe > Properties > Compatibility)
#Enable Compatibility Tab on Windows 2000

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60930#xp2k

I've never heard of this min-game and I too would like to play SS1 on my XP as it sounds like a game I would enjoy more than SS2 regarless of WC factor

Thanks for the link LeHah!
I installed the syshock 1 XP patch succesfully and now it works just fine.

The System Shock games are pure awesome. I hope they put out a third game in the series.

The minigame in the first System Shock is called "Wing0". You get a little 3" x 3" screen at the botom of you HUD to play the game. Ships fly around and when you hit it with a gun it sounds like you're lobbing golfballs at someone's car.

LeHah, how do i take down the CPUs in medical. I have destroyed all the cameras (i think), but the elevator and a button is still under shodans control. Any advice?

Back