System requirements failure

GaryHart

Ensign
First I would like to say i am very excited about playing this game it looks awesome!! I have downloaded the file of a mirror site and when i go to install it it gives me a memory error 510 mb of memory detected 512 or about is required. I have way more memory than 510 available on my hard drive and i all ready increased my virtual memory to 1536 mb it was at 70 but it still didn't work. Any Help would be much appreciated.

Hi GaryHart

I have downloaded the file of a mirror site and when i go to install it it gives me a memory error 510 mb of memory detected 512 or about is required. I have way more memory than 510 available on my hard drive

First, the memory have nothing to do with your hard drive. With memory your physical memory (RAM) is meant.

Here you can see the minimum specs: System Requirements

and i all ready increased my virtual memory to 1536 mb it was at 70 but it still didn't work. Any Help would be much appreciated.

Virtual memory have realy to do with your hard drive, because your hard drive is used to expand your physical memory with virtual memory. But virtual memory is very slow, also on a SSD. Real RAM is much faster. Maybe WCS runs with 1000MB (1GB), but 512MB is far too little! And the problem is further, that a device or the BIOS reserves 2MB from your 512MB RAM, so the absolute minimum of 512MB was not reached.

BTW: if the specification for a game says it needs x MB/GB memory (RAM) only the physical memory is meant, the virtual memory is irrelevant.

If you have further questions, it's better to sign in on the official WCS forum.

Back