Survey

Taking out capships was a little to easy, especialy in WC4, but it was much more fun than in Prophecy with the phase shields and having to target the bridge and engine seperatly.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Kalkrath: Now, that I agree with. But it seemed kinda crappy (albeit great fun) in WC 3 and 4, that you could be sitting in the hangar bay of an exploding ship, and not get any damage.

Of course you take damage. Taking out a carrier from inside is a great thing in WC3 for me, but even in the Excal if you don't fly out fast enough you will take damage (and a lot of it)

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Yeah, I missed the explosions too. One thing I'd like to see are those little explosions, followed by some big ones, and then the huge one, that releases some sorta shock wave. And then the debris...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 23, 2000).]

Hmm... Big explosions are so nice. Of course, I wouldn't mind if some ships didn't explode, but istead remained there as hulks (the way they do in WCP). But they should explode more often than not.

I want a dead hulk, something like in Prophecy but the ship should have holes in the hull, some large parts breaking off and floating into space, and lots of small debris. I also want shockwaves, first there's a small one that doesen't do much damage, and than a larger one follows that can do severe damage to fighters and other capships in the area. And bring back hangars! I hate those lunch tubes. I think Confed would have thechnology advanced enough to make shields emitters that protect the inside.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: And if they don't have the shield technology, then they should at least transfer us to an older carrier
smile.gif
. BTW, I think the Vesuvius is fly-throughable in WCP.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is in software, I've done it. But some people said that in Glide you can't fly through it. And it's in SO.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Like I said you can fly through it in software, though only the one in the hiden mission, not the ones in the SO simulator. I would love to be assigned to a Vesuvius in the next SP game. I though we will get to fly of one when I saw the intro to WC4. But they had to put us on a Concordia class carrier.
frown.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

I said WCP because it's the same engine as SO
smile.gif

You see a Vesuvius in one of the episodic intro scenes of SO, and if you press F1, you get to fly a Devastator
smile.gif
. Which is exactly how I found out you could do it. And it was in Direct3D, so I guess the Glide version is the odd one out. Heh, that's what they get for having fog
smile.gif

Quarto- actualy although it's similar, the SO engine is a little better than Prophecy engine. Did you know that in the next cutscene you can also press F1 and get a hiden mission? Anyway, I think having fog is worth not being able to fly through the hangar in a mission that isn'r realy a part of the mission.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Not that much better. It's just that they've improved their support of Direct3D.
I seriously doubt that fog would be worth it. I mean, just how much fog is there in WCP? It's not like you get to fly through nebulae or anything.
The F1 key works in several of those cutscenes, but it's not really worth it, since you only get to play until the cut scene finishes, which is all too soon.

Nope it works only in those two. Although it is cool to fly around the Vesuvius.
wink.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Imposible without cheating, and even if you do destroy it, it won't matter.

------------------
Gen. Patton

It's just a cut scene. The ones where you can take control of a fighter are the ones which don't directly involve the Cerberus. It doesn't matter what you do.

Back