Survey

Craze

Spaceman
I just want to see which game is your favorites. Mine personally is WCIV. I thought it had the coolest story line and some kick ass acting with awesome gameplay

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Same here, WC4 had the best combination of gameplay and story I've ever seen in a game. And the graphics still look great. WC2 comes right after that.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I liked the WC4 story but the gameplay was most disagreeable. It's not as much fun when every other ship tries to ram you and missiles as weak as a ff rip through over 400 hit points yet only having a 250 damage potential. Because of that I have to say WC3.

Mine's WC4, followed by WC3 and all other WCs.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I know that there are probibly quite a few of you who have only played the FMV games but I enjoy WC2 the most. It, IMHO, had the best balance between story and gameplay. Then WC1, with it's great secondary characters (They always had lots of advice for you.), though your own personal character development was lacking.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Well yes I've noticed most vets say that WC II was the best but I think IV is the best but thats only my opinion in my book two comes after IV. WC I is now the game I'm looking for.

------------------

1)WC4
2)WC2
3)Prophecy (for the gameplay)

------------------
The time is near.
There are 352 days remaining.

I´m with stupid
|
V

Definately WC4. That was also the first WC game I ever played and it got me completely hooked. Though I admit I bought it because it had 6 cd's and advertised the best HMV I'd ever seen.

I, myself, also believe that WCIV was probably the best. IMHO the graphics were great, the music superb, and the FMV sequences were nearly masterful.

That high pitch noise from the guns was actually frightening to me at first!

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

Yes the only gun sound that sounded anywhere near real in WC IV was probably the Stormfire gun

------------------

Considering you can't hear in space, none of the guns sound real.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Ah, so I guess sound doesn't radiate through solids, and your cockpit was a vacuum?

If they make noise, you can hear them from the cockpit.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Yeah, Frosty is right, you would be able to hear your own guns and projectiles hitting you as they vibrate through the hull (I don't think they'd bother sound proofing the cockpit
smile.gif
) but you would not hear the firing of other's guns or the engines of others. So some things are correct some are not.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Frosty/TC I never thought of it that way, I gues you're right.

------------------

As the old pilot who used to fly on Hornet about 8 years (real-world time) ago :), I still think that the original WC1 was the best one. The life of your wingmen depended on you *every* mission, not just when the game author decides to kill him/her. And every Tiger's Claw pilot had his/her own fighting style. Besides, my friend Angel was still alive (and young and beautiful ) :).
Sure, the graphics are sounds are "somewhat" outdated, but who cares about the nice graphics when there are 4 Jalthies closing on your Scimitar, blasting all their guns? ;-)

Falcon- although I agree with you that it's cool the way your wingman lives depend on you, it is somewhat stupid if you loose one of your wingman and than he/she is back in the add-ons. That's what happend to me the first time I played WC1, I lost Hunter in the last mission in WC1, then I lost him in the third mission in SM1, and then his back in SM2. So I think I prefer plot deaths over your wingman dying if you can't save them.

Deadman- I do, I can't concentrate if it's quite, and even with the sound of guns I still need to hear that music. It actualy helps me instead of distracting me.

------------------

Back