Supreme Commander

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Gamespot has put up some great info on this game. The movie that was released not to long ago is great...this game along with C&C3 are looking fantastic for RTS fans. Watching that spider looking thing trash what looks like an entire opposing division and then get nuked is amazing.

Everything looks so amazing...just thought I'd share this with anybody who hadn't seen it yet.

Oh ya, if anyone has ever played Total Annihilation, one of the best RTS games ever, and the father of all modern RTS. This game is made by the same dude and is kinda a sequel in a way as a visit to how TA was and how it played. Just really amped up with new graphics and probably a better story line.

Dark_Knight said:
Oh ya, if anyone has ever played Total Annihilation, one of the best RTS games ever, and the father of all modern RTS.

Total Annihilation came out years after Herzog, Dune 2 or Command & Conquer and just expanded on the formula. And what's a 'modern' RTS in this context? If anything TA is a classic RTS along the lines of the ones I mentioned, and games like Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth is an example of what these games are like today. I'm not sure TA is the father of anything except maybe Supreme Commander.

TA was the father of trying to remember where every one of your construction bots was and what the hell it was doing while still trying to command an army...I always felt like I wasn't taking full advantage of them because there were just too many things going on and it was hard to jump from bot to bot to know which one needed something to do.

I love the idle worker button in ZH just for that reason...

Ok well let me clarify then...father as in the 3D unit RTS games....sure you had command & conquer and dune. But its not just me saying this...talk to Gamespot.com

Back