Super Heroes!!!!

BlackJack2063

Rear Admiral
Hey you guys.

With all these super heroe movies, don't you think it is about time to see Supes again?

Who do you think could play him, and don't say Nick Cage, cause that is what he was casted for a few years ago (that project flopped though). I read that the have had casting sessions with guys like the guy from Slider's (need sleep can't remember), he played a super hero once didn't he in "My Secret Identity." I even saw something that they were looking at Brendan Frasier, and even Orlando Bloom (Shudder).

If they do make another one, do you think it should be a "Young" Superman, or one that is already established so he can just battle evil. I think we all know where he came from, no need to tread over old ground.

Oh, and have any of you seen the locked away footage of the Fantastic Four movie that was filmed in the mid nineties. It was pretty bad, so bad the movie never say the light of day.

Hehe, maybe there can be some sort of new "infant superman" movie.

heroes.JPG

Staring . . . baby superman and his trustly sidekick Dipstain! :)

I saw pictures of the aforementioned Fantastic Four movie years and years ago and it was about the level of Roger Corman. Keep in mind, for over twenty years, Marvel's entertainment contracts were with a dozen or so companies. Spider-Man took over 5 years to get off the ground and went from James Cameron's hands and into Universal's and then to Sam Raimi's.

Burton's "Superman Lives!" never saw the light of day simply because the budget he asked for was enormous, something between 135 and 200 million, depending on the magazine you read. Now they're trying to get Natalie Portman for Lois on the J.J. Abrams script? Uh, yuck. At least they removed McG as director!

At the same time, Wolfgang Peterson (Das Boat, The Neverending Story, In The Line Of Fire) was working on the Batman vs Superman movie which also shit the bed. Not much was known about it.

As it stands now, Christopher "I did Momento, worship me" Nolan's Batman movie is still in the works but I remain unenthused despite Christian Bale's signing on as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Michael Caine as Alfred. The villian has yet to be announced (Viggo Mortenson as Ra's Al Ghul? Way off the mark; why not David Warner, who voiced him in the Animated Series? Rumors have also resurfaced about producers pining for Jeff Goldblum as The Scarecrow which is damned fine casting) and nothing has turned up yet about anything else.

I was sad to see Aranoffski's Batman: Year One get shelved but the man demanded dozens of rewrites to the script. Rediculous.

And I still say we're long overdue for a live action Jonny Quest movie.

They probably want Viggo cause he is big right now, and he will be able to do the fighting stuff. Viggo also has a older quality without losing youthful vigor, something that worked well with Arigorn being like 87 years old.

I saw something on ET a few months back about some prospective director looking for places that could be used as the Kent family farm, it was also around the same time that I saw that Justin Timberlake was interested in the project, (only if he is Jimmy and not superman, or I see disgrunted, rifle, and bell tower in the future)

If thats how you judge celebs, you must ADORE Jessica Simpson and other complete wastes of oxygen.

I'd like to never see another Superman movie made. Chances are it would be pretty freaking lame.

Just clicked on that link.

Indeed, it's something you don't think about every day, but it sorta makes a lot of sense...

Yeah but sometimes things happen to put you in a new perspective. My mother was a vegetable for 6 years, and during that time I ended up having a great deal more respect for people who go through things like that.

It really isn't right to condemn people if you haven't been in thier shoes.

Back