Suggestion...

Well yes and no.
There are a few problems, you will need a slow down program and run it in true dos.
Besides that it sould work fine.

You won't need a slowdown program for Privateer -- it's got a speed limiter.

DOS drivers can usually be downloaded -- and a simple DOS joystick costs like four dollars at CompUSA:)

A simple post in the tech support forum and people will be quite happy to walk you through the configuration of Priv.

TC

Here we go again...

The thread is about what you favourite system is, not about help with privateer.

Alright alright alright, you're right. This topic is free to chat about anything, as long it's friendly.

It matters not what you think the topic should or shouldn't be. Friendly or not.

TC

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You won't need a slowdown program for Privateer -- it's got a speed limiter.

DOS drivers can usually be downloaded -- and a simple DOS joystick costs like four dollars at CompUSA:)

Hey! Yet another reference to CompUSA. I work there! If you really want a cheap joystick, get the one in the white and black box. It's only $1.99!

Eh eh... thanx for the support Wedge ;)

Who said superiors don't stick out together with subordinates? :)

Yes. The support here is really good.
And the superiors really understand themselves well with the subordinates. But the thing I mostly like is, that I can let the 'Sir' away (most times). That was one thing I worried a lot about before signed in here. To have to use the 'Sir' whatever I say. But I only do it, if I am talking to the Admin (sometimes, then it is a sign of my respect of the work he does here). But it is a friendly atmosphere here and the ranks are just a formal thing for me. Nice made, but I also could live without it.
And me and 'Sir' (this is something I could worse think of, in my case would it be more right to say 'Miss' but if sb. ever calls me like this, I would really start to laugh( the last thing I am or I want to be is a 'miss'. So the 'Sir' would be better, but I am really happy, nobody has to use it here!!!).

Hehe, so all you Cadets, 2nd and 1st Lt have to call me sir. Then again, i have to call everyone sir who's above me.

Yes, SIR! But please so call me 'Miss'. *LOL*
(of course I know female officers are also called Sir, but at least it is wrong).

Originally posted by Manjana
...And the superiors really understand themselves well with the subordinates. But the thing I mostly like is, that I can let the 'Sir' away (most times). That was one thing I worried a lot about before signed in here. To have to use the 'Sir' whatever I say. But I only do it, if I am talking to the Admin (sometimes, then it is a sign of my respect of the work he does here). But it is a friendly atmosphere here and the ranks are just a formal thing for me. Nice made, but I also could live without it...

ARGH Manjana... this is your German side sticking out LOL
See? No matter how much you reject it, you are embedded with it ;-)

As stated in the rules:
"You rise in rank by posting. This is not to encourage pointless posts, but to acknowledge posters who have contributed a lot to the Chat Zone"

It doesn't mean at all you have to call superiors "Sir", just as long as you show them the minimum amount of respect, respect that one should show to everybody (because we live in a civilized society)...

Or was it a German analogy with the "Herr"?.. ;-)

jungfrau, only cadets and 2nde lieutenants should caal you ma'am.

and for iCe you wish

cannibalistic ways of annihilation

Back