Stupid Little Brain Fart for Hire

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I went to BMW Films.com and downloaded The Hire movies Hostage, Ticker, and Beat The Devil, awhile back and watched them and liked them, so I decided to pay the $4 bucks for S&H to get the free DVD so I could check out the season 1 movies and get the season 2's in a format that's not restrained to my computer. I watched all eight films last night and was curious to see if any WC fans picked up the DVD or downloaded the films and which was their favorite, since Clive Owen starred in them and he was in a WC game-albeit a bit of a bastard child in the WC family. :)
Personally my favorites are:
1)Beat The Devil
2)Star
3)Hostage
In that order. :cool:

Incidently, I just downloaded and watched them earlier this week. I was honestly pleasently suprised. While a few of them were poor in my eyes (actually your top 2 were my least favorite ones ;)) most were good and a few were really great. My personal favorites were Powder Keg, Follow and Ticker. Hostage comes in a close 4th.
I was watching the season premiere of 24 two nights ago and Ford tried to "borrow" the short film idea from BMW . . . it was not very good, but as someone pointed out to me, it was a small price to pay to watch 24 without commercial interruption :).

C-ya

I chose Beat The Devil and Star as my top two because Star is just funny as hell and BTD is totally odd and bizarre. If I went solely with the serious ones Hostage Ticker and Powder Keg would be my top three. The Follow was pretty good, as were almost all of them. The only one that really irked my was Chosen because, while most of the season 1 movies looked very much like a commercial, Chosen took it to such an extreme that it made beer commercials look positively cinematic.
Season 2 will always dominate my list because it had a much better cinematic look to it. The music and camera use were much more reminiscent of what you would get in a big screen production, although there were hints of this in the better season 1 films.

Back