stuck on a mission

Ian Vagabond

Spaceman
I can't for the life of me get past the relocating mission where the carrier and the fralthi relocate to the asteroids and then you get sent back to vet a visual on a sensor reading. When I get there one of my wingmen die there are some strange probes, but before I can do anything the enemy fighters jump in and my sensors are scrabled beyond repair and I can't even run from the area, without running out of afterburners and then getting killed, and can't defend myself, even with the speed of the epee. Can anyone help me out?

You have to try to destroy the jamming probes (only one of them I guess, but it's hard to find the "correct" one with your hangar screwed up) as soon as you can, that makes the mission much easier :)

It is possible to kill the fighters first. The buoy´s activity is intermitent, so you have your ship almost fully operational for a few seconds between every jamming.

Pay close attention to your radar. It does show a lot of red dots, but it still works in a way that some of the dots are actually the enemy ships. Before being jammed, put an enemy on your sight, identify the dot in the radar that correspond to it and don´t lose track of that dot: when you come out of the jamming you´ll find the enemy faster and then just release your viper cannons and DFs at it.

It´s not easy, but it is possible. It is harder to try to find the correct buoy before the jamming starts, I think.

Eder said:
...it's hard to find the "correct" one with your hangar screwed up
I was obviously stoned when I wrote that. I meant "radar", not "hangar". I think I'm going senile. I'm even quoting my own posts for crying out loud :p

Eder said:
I was obviously stoned when I wrote that. I meant "radar", not "hangar". I think I'm going senile. I'm even quoting my own posts for crying out loud :p

Disclaimer: The crew of Unknown Enemy does not in any way the use of drugs, their sale, or the murder of prostitutes for drug money.

Man I've been playing too much Vice City today.

Well... unless they help get the job done. How else do you think I heard some of those chords in all the battle and mysterious music :p

For you music people, take a scale and play the 1st, #4th, 5th, and 7th degrees simulatiously - wierd far out stuff like that is what I'm talking about. There's a name for that chord using a post-harmonic, contemporary naming system, but I prefer to just use a crazy clasical name "5 (add #4, maj7)". In the case of UE it was a C5 (add #4, maj7).

I tried hitting the afterburners and chasing down every ship before the jammer came back online. And when I mean afterburners, I meant lock them.

Did it work? I find it tough enough to get a lock on the enemies with that buoy on at regular speed...

There aren't really that many enemies. You've just got to think quickly and knock one or two of them out (easier said than done, I know) and then pop a bouy, then hunt down another bug or two. If you luck out, you'll find the correct bouy on the first or second try.

Heh heh . . . I only downloaded the game what . . . three days ago, and I've already beat it. . . or so I assume. My computer consistently locks up after the Commodore lands, and they show the hangar full of fighters. What happens after that?

The rest of the winning cutscenes... first, you see the BW fleet jump into Tyr and fight with the Nephilim fleet there, and then you see a pre-rendered scene with Bearcats taking out a planetside bug base. And then, of course, the credits screen.

I don't like the fact that it crashes, though... to state the obvious, it's not supposed to do that :p. What sort of computer are you playing on? Are you by any chance using software mode?

Back