Strike Commander Midi Files - Looking for...

CCRider

Spaceman
I know I have them somewhere in this stack of CD's but I can't find them. I did a search on the web, but all I could find were individual midi files, not the zipped collection.

Anyone know a good place to get a zipped set?

Thanks.

CC Rider

I found a ZIP set on www.midifarm.com years ago, I really don't think it's there anymore. I also used HCl's TRE Manager to extract the MIDI files from the game, then used Ripper5 to yank out the individual XMIs. From there, I could use the XMI2MID.exe which came with the Ripper5 ZIP I got from the CIC's Files section, or Peter Pawlowski's MIDI plug-in for Winamp. I even found a couple which were missing from the ZIP set this way (such as the 'Spin the CD' loading screen music), even though it didn't work for all XMIs and there were plenty of few-second 'transition' MIDIs.

If you still want the set (I might not have all of them anymore, since I use Mad Hatter's MP3s as well), e-mail me. Address is at the bottom of my website. I probably won't have a chance to reply until next week, though.

I found them.

Thanks for the reply. I gave up a while back and downloaded them individually.

I also have been listening to the MP3's from MadHatter. However, I wanted to make MP3's of the FM Synthesized versions. I'm working on them now.

Incidentally, I visited your web page. Very good. I especially appreciated your cogent explanation regarding Jesus Christ, the church and Christianity.

"What is a man profited..."

I hope you meant make your own MP3s from the MIDIs using modern synthesising techniques. Old fashioned FM synthesis really does sound quite bad (I know, I had to put up with it for a long time).

Also, I wrote that piece a long time ago, but there'll always be misconceptions and stereotypes about churches in general - especially the more traditional ones. Still, if you want discuss that, it'd be best to PM me.

Back