Stormy Sunday

Ptarmigan

Spaceman
Right now it is really stormy. It is really rainy. Lots of rain fell that it is causing streets to flood. I haven't seen rain in months. I see lots of lightning and hear lots of loud thunder.

Welcome to Texas, where the quote is, "It's spring, it's Texas, and if you give it 30 minutes, it'll change..." :D ;) 4 inches of rain fell and most of it fell in less than an hour. :eek: :eek:

It's raining here in northern Utah like crazy. I keep trying to go golfing but I get rained out. And the problem here is that we get bad water shortages and so every time we get excess rain or snow up in the mountains, people then think it's okay to overwater their lawns and just generally waste more water.

You people in Texas have more crazy weather there though. Have you recently had any bad hail storms? I watched a show recently about hail the size of oranges and I couldn't believe the damage it did. It showed hailstones with little fish and toads entombed within cause they get sucked up into the air.

Shipgate said:
It's raining here in northern Utah like crazy. I keep trying to go golfing but I get rained out. And the problem here is that we get bad water shortages and so every time we get excess rain or snow up in the mountains, people then think it's okay to overwater their lawns and just generally waste more water.

You people in Texas have more crazy weather there though. Have you recently had any bad hail storms? I watched a show recently about hail the size of oranges and I couldn't believe the damage it did. It showed hailstones with little fish and toads entombed within cause they get sucked up into the air.

Yes we do. We get huge storms and even hurricanes. It is like raining cat and dogs. I have heard about raining fish and frogs. That is bizarre. :eek: :eek: We've had storms and hail just today. Not really large though. The largest were like the size of cantelopes or basketballs. Floods are a big problem in Texas. In 2001, Tropical Storm Allison dumped 30 inches in 12 hours and caused massive flooding. In 1979, Tropical Storm Claudette dumped 43 inches in 24 hours near Alvin. There were floods in 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, and 2002.
List of 255 Texas Floods

Heh... don't mean to boast or anything, but they always talk about Caada having wretched weather, but today was the nicest May day that I can remember Toronto ever having

We've been having a very depressing cycle here is Mass. Beautiful weather during the work week, and rain all weekend. It really sucks.

Thanks for taking our weather.

Juneau, Alaska. An area known for torrential downpours, constant gloom, and pale skin. I'm now tan and we've had one semi-rainy day over the past three weeks. My car and it's balky windshield wipers appreciate this.

I live in Port Lavaca, which is about 6 hours south of Dallas and right on the gulf, halfway between Corpus and Houston.

It stormed here really badly last night as well. We experienced a brief power outage accompanied by a loud thunder crash. I can only assume a line was hit or something and quickly bypassed.

I rode my motorcycle up the oregon/washington coast on Saturday and back down on Sunday. cloudy, but no rain.

Now that I'm back in Portland, it's pouring. And I was taking a girl on a ride to the coast this evening, too. dang it. :mad:

As they say in OR, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

Some neighbors and I had to mow our lawns in the snow a couple weeks ago. The weather had been warm and rainy, so there was little time to mow the lawn. Finally when the rain stopped and the grass was high, we had a one day window to mow, and it snowed. I should've taken a picture of us out mowing our yards in our winter coats with snow falling. That's Illinois for ya, makes me miss California.

Of course the last time I lived in California, the sky was darkened and raining ash, which is strange enough. The forest fires were hurling ash high into the air, which was falling as white specs on the Newport Beach area.

Back