Stilettos

What Mission roles does the Light Fighter Stiletto perform?

Do you think the Border worlds use them in 2673 to 2681?

What do you think about them?

Well, The Stiletto is a light fighter...

I think it is used for patrol missions, but for quick strikes as well.

I like the design of the ship, but I never flew it...

Originally posted by Obee

no one has, cause they're only in privateer (and standoff, but that's not out yet) and you can't fly them in priv.

but to answer the question, the BW probably does use them, though we as yet see no proof of that, and they are a decent light fighter, but i, as a rule, dislike light fighters.

Originally posted by Obee

What do you mean, you've never flown the Stiletto? Didn't I send you a preview version of Standoff once? :confused:

Oh, right... the Stiletto was there, but there weren't any real missions in the package :p

--Eder

The Stiletto really isn't very powerful, but it's quite fast. Very good for scouting patrols in a place like Gemini, but I wouldn't want to have to engage too much.

The Stiletto is kind of like the Ferret--lots of speed, a pair of Mass Drivers, Heatseeker missiles. The only significant difference (besides using the missile launchers that hold up to ten civilian-grade light missiles instead of having a pair of high-yield military grade ones) is that the Stiletto had about 50% more shields and armor.

For a patrol fighter, the Stilletto is very good. It's not supposed to pack a lot of firepower, it's just a light fighter. And after the scimitar and the ferret we know what a pair of Mass Drivers can do.

Quarto is right. HCI's site has a Privateer patch in the Archive section that allows you to fly a Stiletto.

Try this link

Go to "Archive - Work done between 1997 - 1999. Privateer 1"

In terms of combat ability, the Stiletto flys like the Ferret but has more protection. In WC2 terms I would have it as 500/1400 kps 80/80/80 dps (same as Feret), 9.0/9.0/7.0/7.0 armor (compared to Ferret's 6.5/6.5/4.5/4.5), 10.0/10.0 shields (compared to ferret's 6.0/6.0), 2 DF/2 HS missiles and the 2 Mass Drivers. In gameplay terms it is basically a heavier Ferret. Compared to the Rapier it is moderately faster, but has about 1/4 less shields and armor, and a weaker gun/missile load.

Hey, I tried using the patch to fly the Stiletto in Privateer, but I got a JEMM error as soon as I tried to launch into space. Privateer runs fine when I use a standard ship, but it crashed when I tried to fly the Stiletto. Anybody know what I can do?

Back