Stick it in Kilrathi (January 27, 2018)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Fallout Hobbies is a company which produces custom stencils, decals and other items to support miniature wargaming hobbyists. Their line of water slide decals includes liveries for use with a variety of different factions and alien species... which now include the Kilrathi! The sheet called "Kilrathi Glyphs Transfers" (Product 038) is 5.5" x 8.5" and it includes a variety of the Kilrathi symbols in different sizes. It includes the text seen in the Wing Commander film and a set of Imperial emblems seen in later Wing Commander games (note that some of the movie characters are non-canon, originating from this downloadable font.) Water slide decals are the type which usually come with plastic model kits which must be cut out and then wetted to bond to a surface, allowing them to be as thin as possible. The Kilrathi decal sheets are available here in black or white for $12 USD. We'd love to see what wargamers are doing with these!

--
Original update published on January 27, 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got the hang of these stickers... they always ended up as a big mess for me. What's the trick?

I never got the hang of these stickers... they always ended up as a big mess for me. What's the trick?
You gotta be really careful, basically, when taking them out of the water. And make sure to place them as close to their final destination as possible, so you're not sliding them all over the model - that'll tear 'em fast. But it does also depend on the quality of the stickers - obviously cheaper models had cheaper stickers, easier to disintegrate.

Also use a pair of chemicals known as Micro-Sol and Micro-set respectively. The Micro-Sol is a very mild solvent that helps the decal to 'weaken' and adhere to surfaces better. If you're applying the decal around an angled surface or into a corner of some form, it helps it wrap around the surface. The Micro-set helps the decal set into place.

Back