Stealth... Seen it?

The reasons I didn't like the WC movie were because of what some folks see as departures from the games. I thought the intro was pretty cool, but that was about it. Stealth looks cheesy and implausible. And also devoid of actual military input. Kinda like JAG.

Heh - just turn your mind off when you go in - it really is a very enjoyable movie.
Let me put it like this - if you like explosions......you'll love this.

Any movie with F Movie actors and a plane that is turned evil (not destroyed or damaged, obviously) by lightning is stupid. I'm sorry, but it sounds like something from the 70's Batman. Let's not mention the fact that the plane would eventually run out fuel and/or ordinance. This, and movies like White Chicks make me wonder if Hollywood really should be making movies. What ever happened to a good war movie, especially one with awesome air combat, like Piece of Cake or Memphis Belle?

I just needed to tell you that I hate this thread.

Thank you, and good night.

Fatcat said:
This, and movies like White Chicks make me wonder if Hollywood really should be making movies.

White Chicks Production Budget: $37 million
White Chicks Domestic Theater Gross: $69.1 million

Okay -

1. They do address the fuel/ordinance issues - in a way that's halfway reasonable.
2. The plane doesn't turn evil. Good job. Aparently being able to turn yourself on is the only reliable sign of being possesed by the devil.
3. Lehah - you really should be more informative in your posting. Hate this thread why? Because all the cool kids are doing it?

Seriously - this is an enjoyable movie - it's not perfect by any means, but I didn't ask it to be. I wanted to see cool fighters, awesome dogfight scenes and wonderful special FX. I got all of the above, so I was happy. I wasn't asking for the next LOTR here. Just some entertainment. If that's too base for you guys, that's fine. I'll admit that I'm easily pleased when it comes to movies. Go watch Citizen Kane again if you want to get "great" cinema.

I didnt think it was too bad. Could have been better. 6/10. It looked really good though. Good music. And, overall it was just cool. I saw it on a late show after a 10 hour day at the lumber yard. Nice graphics. The talons/ucav were believeable and fit in with the Raptor, Joint Strike Fighter, and the YF 23 prototype. Almost the whole show was action. Had very little in the way of plot. I didnt see any underlying themes... could have just been way too tired. Did anyone else think the U.C.A.V. looked like a coachroach?

I basically marked this movie as being great to go with the girlfriend just to be going. If you havent seen "War of the Worlds" you should see it instead of this movie.

***Spoiler Alert***
I think the characters were stereotypical and weak. Jamie Foxx was almost just the token black guy that
gets killed early
. And surprisingly the "Tin Man" ended up having a heart.

I coiuld be wrong, but I coulda sworn I saw the guy that played Flash in WC3 as one of the lead roles in that movie's trailer.

Howard Day said:
3. Lehah - you really should be more informative in your posting. Hate this thread why? Because all the cool kids are doing it?

1.) Its a subject thats been closed once before in a sperate thread because of stupid people acting stupidly in a stupidly recent fashion. I expect about the same here.

2.) The movie is stupid.

3.) If all the "cool kids" are posting in this thread, why am I?

4.) I didn't know I answered to you, General Patton

The other thread was closed because some kid decided to play generic-internet-troll, not because we have some kind of policy against threads about Stealth.

My apologies, Mr Lehah. I just have a personal dislike of people who post absolutely worthless shots at something and then don't explain themselves. I'm sorry for the "cool kids" statement - that was a cheap shot.
Anyhow - all movies are stupid on some level. It just the degree, I suppose. All I was trying to say is that, for me, this movie was worth the six bucks. I loved the FX, I loved the designs (as unrealistic and unworkable as they were) and I did enjoy the movie. I didn't come out of the theater a smarter, more intelligent man, but then I wasn't expecting to. It's entertainment.

Bandit LOAF said:
The other thread was closed because some kid decided to play generic-internet-troll, not because we have some kind of policy against threads about Stealth.

And I fear the same fate for this thread, considering the topic.

(And wouldn't the internet - no, the world - be a better place if we talked less about Stealth?)

Back