State of games today

wow and games get lost in the dust . . .:)

joking:)

some of the star treks were allright, but I always liked my SCI-FI without that "humanity has achieved a level where we have very few problems".

You want kick ass SCI-FI TV - RED-DWARF!

wc

what's really lacking in today's games, are good characters. Characters who are when you look at them, very much like poeple you know. People who you define as a single word. Maniac is pompous, doomsday, for lack of a better word, depressed. Where's the simplicity?

Originally posted by Supdon3
Wow, its pretty amazing that you know that considering there hasnt been a single episode out yet.

I'm gonna give it a shot, but still...Sometimes you don't need to walk into a sewer to know it's a sewer.

Well hey, DS9 started out real sucky and became incredibly awesome. Voyager on the other hand started sucky and just kept on sucking. But Voyager's writing staff didnt give a crap about the show and it was apparent. The future of the franchise depends on this show (and maybe STX) so hopefully they will put some of that magic from DS9 into it.

Originally posted by Stinger6
Granted, there are some great space sims in stores but...
Actually, I was under the impression that space sims were lacking at the moment. Well, decent ones, anyway.

Originally posted by LeHah
Harrison Ford says this anytime someone brings the movies up.
Yes, but Harrison Ford is biased against Star Wars, so he'd say that sort of thing anyway. :)

Well hey, DS9 started out real sucky and became incredibly awesome. Voyager on the other hand started sucky and just kept on sucking. But Voyager's writing staff didnt give a crap about the show and it was apparent. The future of the franchise depends on this show (and maybe STX) so hopefully they will put some of that magic from DS9 into it.

I agree, let's give it a chance.

want a good game with a good story? have you ever try to play "American McGee's Alice" Published by Electronic Arts, that game really keep me playing, and you got cool cutscenes, well It will never beat WC story, but is a cool one to play with

games today

Personally, I have not played a good single player game since Half Life. There's such focus on creaing a good multiplayer now that the rest of the game becomes almost an afterthought. I agree multiplayer is important but there are times when you don't feel like dealing with slow connections and idiots who say swear words every other syllable.

I'll definitely agree that unreal tournament is a kick ass game.

I'm working on making some levels in Unreal tournament of a kilrathi starbase and a capital ship to go with my story.

I thought Unreal Tournament was an online game along the likes of TFC. I would like to try it, but I'm talking about single player games.

Yeah, I don't play games ('cept for WC), so I'll respond about the Star Trek stuff.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with Voyager, and found myself falling asleep during a lot of episodes (well, being up for fifteen hours might have contributed). Even some of the cast complained about the writing (Beltran said something about the writers needing to get their heads out of their collective ass or some such). The stories, I guess, were just really formulaic, whereas DS9 tried to get away from repeating itself and got into some pretty heavy stuff what with the Dominion War. DS9 was a great show (I wish I had gotten into it sooner, instead of in its last season).

I think Enterprise will do okay, personally, but my opinion means jack, really. :) From what I've seen of the show, it looks very different than any other Trek we've seen (damn, I sound like Rick Berman over here).

Okay, back to the games... :)

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 08-04-2001 at 12:34]

Originally posted by Wildshot
I thought Unreal Tournament was an online game along the likes of TFC. I would like to try it, but I'm talking about single player games.

UT is about frags, online or off. Sure, the game has a single player game on it, but online is the place to stretch out and play for a few hundred hours. Screw this addiction to Everquest, UT is in many ways far worse! :)

Back