Starships Scale

BadNacho

Spaceman
http://www.merzo.net/
This site has scale images of ships from many series, and they take submissions. I thought we could give any images of WC ships for the site.

I'd like to see how the Tiger's Claw compares to the Enterprise.:cool:

Well,interesting site.....I am very sad though cause they didnt include Wing Commander ships there.... :(

Originally posted by BadNacho
I'd like to see how the Tiger's Claw compares to the Enterprise.
Just take the Claw's 700 metres and compare it to whatever the Enterprise is.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Well,interesting site.....I am very sad though cause they didnt include Wing Commander ships there.... :(

He doesn't have any there because no one drew them for him. I'm sure if someome did, he could post them.

C-ya

Originally posted by Wedge009
Just take the Claw's 700 metres and compare it to whatever the Enterprise is.

We had a long thread comparing both ships on alt.games.wing-commander around 1996. Perhaps someone can dig this on some old ng search program.

The Enterprsie-E is 685 meters long and the Entperise-D is 643 meters long. The Original Enterprise (from TOS) us only 289 meters long. Whereas the Enterprise (from Entperise) is 225 meters long

Tiger'sClaw, you have to remember that WC is set in the 2600s and Star Trek is set in the 2100s (Enterprise) 2200s (TOS, and first 6 Movies) and 2300s (TNG, DS9 and Voy)

A lot of things. If you compare a modern day Aircraft Carrier to the Enterprise, it's a lot bigger, and it about 400 years into the furure. There may be Star Trek Universe ships a lot bigger than WC ones during the 2600s

You couldn't swing a dead cat on Voyager(tm) without hitting a Federation starship from the 29th century or somesuch. They were pretty much the same size as the 24th century ships.

Don't forget that most of the Star Trek starships are considered to be cruisers or destroyers, not carriers. They may have hangar bays, but they are not dominated by the carrier function, nor are the smaller craft that they carry meant to be a main component of their fighting force.

Yeah, it's a shame we've never seen a cruiser or a destroyer in the Wing Commander universe to compare them to. :)

Hey, how come I can never access that site? I've tried on different times, since the day this thread was started... :confused: I'd like to take a look at it and maybe even contribute with some WC renders if I think it's worth it.

--Eder

It's certainly there. But there's so many pictures, it's murder trying to look at them on a dial-up connection. I had to use the uni's cable connection the next day.

I have a pretty reliable cable connection, though... and I still can't get to that one site no matter what. Bummer.

--Eder

One thing to keep in mind.. as technology increases our ability to build bigger and bigger ships.. miniturization allows us to do more and more in a smaller space. So while you could build a bigger ship, it may well be better to not do so in many cases.

Back