Starlancer

Originally posted by cff
Try Freespace 2 with full FF effects you wimp ;)
That had to be the only space sim I really turned off FF effects regulary or my hand wouldn't have survived ;)

That sounds painful.

Bad enough what happens without force feedback when you get nicked by one of the anti-fighter beams or you find yourself in the middle of a bunch of flak bursts. I can imagine that with FF it would be a rather interesting experience.

I've only played the demo for Starlancer.... Despite warnings from a really good friend of mine that it pissed him off, I really enjoyed it.

I went on a major shopping spree today and hoped to find the game for PC and/or Dreamcast but was unable to find either. What a disappointment.

Originally posted by TopGun
I love Starlancer, I like the WC Movie Rapier Mod...

I had the most fun playing that game while using that mod. With a few other, minor, adjustments of my own of course.

Originally posted by junior

Bad enough what happens without force feedback when you get nicked by one of the anti-fighter beams or you find yourself in the middle of a bunch of flak bursts. I can imagine that with FF it would be a rather interesting experience.

Its definitely something worth trying. Freespace 2 is by far the game that makes most out of FF effects that I did ever see. It soo cool if you feel when you a spiralled away after such a hit. You can also selectively disable some of the effects BTW.
What would have been nice would be that you could change the intensity as well, but as far as I recall that option isn't there. And my stick also doesn't offer something like that.

Originally posted by cff
Its definitely something worth trying. Freespace 2 is by far the game that makes most out of FF effects that I did ever see. It soo cool if you feel when you a spiralled away after such a hit. You can also selectively disable some of the effects BTW.
What would have been nice would be that you could change the intensity as well, but as far as I recall that option isn't there. And my stick also doesn't offer something like that.

Tempting, but I've never been too keen on the idea of blowing over $100 for a joystick.

My old Sidewinder 3D Pro still works quite well, thankyouverymuch (although I understand that might not be the case if I ever upgrade to XP).

Back