starlancer - problems

tazman

Spaceman
I 'm having some problems with starlancer and I can't understand why. I've played most of the WC games and normally play on ACE or Hard level and don't have too many problems. I'm not the greatest gamer in the world but I'm not incompentant.. I'm average.

I started playing Starlancer on easy level.

The first missions went fine.. I got promoted twice and received an awards then things started to go wrong...

I had to take out a capital ship called the Ramases and another one.

I take out the Ramases sheild generator and it's turrets and the engines but however fast I do it my own capital ship has to jump out and lose the mission... but it gets worse.

The next mission is to take out another capital ship and the same thing happens.. however fast I take out the sheild generator, turrets and engines I fail it.

But it gets worse.. in the next mission I finish off some fighters and I'm asked to go and take out the shield generator of another ship. But there's nothing around at all.. no enemies, no capital ship.. nothing at all and I can't jump. After about a minute I'm told the ship has escaped and I fail the mission, including part of the mission which I succesfully did (which was defending some escape pods). I'm then allowed to jump.

The next mission (I think)I have to take out this asteroid base. I'm about half way through the mission and some fighters jump in. I'm told to protect Bravo wing at all costs. I take out 5 of the 6 fighters in about 30 seconds but I'm told I fail the mission and never get the chance to go after the asteriod base (because I've lost Bravo wing)

If I'm doing things too slowly then this seems bizzare because I'm really taking these things out fairly fast (much faster than I used to take out stuff in WC3, WC4 and WCP).

If this was happening on HARD level then I would understand.. but it's the EASY level.

Am I going mad?

I have a P3 with 192MB of RAM with a voodoo 2 card and an ATI 8MB graphics card.

Please help me!! ;-)

Taz

Well...its quite strange.
I am playing SL in MEDIUM difficulty but I didnt experience those problems.
Yes...some missions are quite difficult and had to replay them some times, but not the very first ones.
And that thing...u cant find enemyes and then they tell u failed the mission...hmm...
It all looks like a buggy thing.
What about trying to get a different copy of the game?

Good Luck
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments guys. I have replayed the missions and things seem to have gone a lot smoother. I had more time to do my objectives, and the problems I had didn't re-materialise. It may well have just been a minor bug that's cleared itself. As we all know even the best put together games can't account for every computer setup and someone is going to be unlucky everynoe and then..... this time it was me!! ;-)

Fingers crossed it will be the last of them.

Thanks again.

Taz

Back