Starlancer cutscenes

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Does anyone know if there is way to view the Starlancer cutscenes independant of the game, and maybe rip them to an AVI or other format ala the WC Movie viewer?

you will need a bik viewer

Firstly you will need to go to www.Lancersreactor.com and download the Starlancer editor.the starlancer editor has a hog extracter where you can extract the bik files from the hog file. After that you go to www.radgametools.com and download the free bink video tools.Once you install the bink program you will be able to veiw all the cutscenes from starlancer. Hope this helps

The program from Radgametools also allows for the ripping of the files to AVI. There's only around 2-dozen in game vidoes that are plot related...and a half-dozen or so for every movement everywhere in the game. IE: When you turn from ITac to your Locker, or the Sim Pod, or all the fish movements, etc etc.

Well LOAF, technically there's the opening scene, and then the one when Foster Dies...they are true "Cutscenes" and not just News Briefs.

You which mission is fun though? The Cloaking Kamov Mission. I think it's mission Twenty. That mission kicks ass.

I don't know why everyone had such a hard time with it, I beat it my first time through without any difficulty but if you check the SL Forums everyone complains about how hard it is.

Damn, that thing took me at least ten tries. Then again, I mostly kept dying by running into torps on accident. I hated having to redo that whole first part every time I died, very tedious.

Jason_Ryock said:
You which mission is fun though? The Cloaking Kamov Mission. I think it's mission Twenty. That mission kicks ass.

I don't know why everyone had such a hard time with it, I beat it my first time through without any difficulty but if you check the SL Forums everyone complains about how hard it is.

Oddly enough, I thought the same thing since I had beat the mission on the first try as well. However later when I came back and played it again, somehow I kept screwing up, took me like 10 times the second time as opposed to my first time through.

Back