Starcraft 2? Rumors...confirmed?

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
The question has come up amoung alot of gamers whether or not there will be another Starcraft. Anyone have any rumors to post/share? Anyone have any ideas of what the next Starcraft will be?

Comments....:confused:

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
The question has come up amoung alot of gamers whether or not there will be another Starcraft. Anyone have any rumors to post/share? Anyone have any ideas of what the next Starcraft will be?

Comments....:confused:

I can set you straight on that. Yes a number two is one the way. If you beat Warcraft III on hard it shows a cinematic for it.... so its in production....the bad news is it may not come out for a while :(

The next StarCraft is StarCraft: Ghost coming out who knows when. And its for the console systems. Which ones? I don't know thats all they said. Any way your a ghost named Nova and its first person who is been hired/works for the Terran Domion.

Re: Re: Starcraft 2? Rumors...confirmed?

Originally posted by Maniac II
I can set you straight on that. Yes a number two is one the way. If you beat Warcraft III on hard it shows a cinematic for it.... so its in production....the bad news is it may not come out for a while :(

I heard that this cinematic was a kind of easter egg from Blizzard programmers - but who knows... :)

Originally posted by Chris Blair
The next StarCraft is StarCraft: Ghost coming out who knows when. And its for the console systems. Which ones? I don't know thats all they said. Any way your a ghost named Nova and its first person who is been hired/works for the Terran Domion.

Starcraft Ghost will be coming out on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube....you do indeed play as a Terran ghost, and as well as being able to go "toe-to-toe" with the other races in the original RTS you will also be able to use certain vehicles from the game as well :D :cool:

Re: Re: Starcraft 2? Rumors...confirmed?

Originally posted by Maniac II

I wouldn't really call that a Starcraft 2 cinematic. I think its meant as more of an easter egg, especially since a bunch of orks in power armor show up at the end of it.
Another easter egg is that there's a hydralisk hidden in Night Elf mission number 2 (I think). If you can reach it, it joins you. Nice unit.
You can also add the space marines and other units that show up in the after game easter egg by using the editor, but from what I've heard, they don't have the appropriate sound files (or something to that effect). Only the hydralisk is complete.

There's also something on the Ghost front that might cause problems with the release. There's apparently some discussion about MS buying the software division of Vivendi.
Guess who owns Blizzard?
If this goes through, it might cause a crimp in the release on other console platforms...

Originally posted by Jezzerr
Starcraft Ghost will be coming out on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube....you do indeed play as a Terran ghost, and as well as being able to go "toe-to-toe" with the other races in the original RTS you will also be able to use certain vehicles from the game as well :D :cool:

And it's scheduled for November currently.

There is a 13mb trailer on their site at http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/movies/

There is also a nice thing in the faq about Starcraft Ghost:
Q: Is this StarCraft II?
A: No.

So, there is still a chance for a Starcraft II. They sold, like 6 millions copies of Starcraft. Whoever will own Blizzard, will be happy to make a few hundreds of millions of $$$...

Originally posted by K1nG Gr4H4m
There is a 13mb trailer on their site at http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/movies/

There is also a nice thing in the faq about Starcraft Ghost:
Q: Is this StarCraft II?
A: No.

So, there is still a chance for a Starcraft II. They sold, like 6 millions copies of Starcraft. Whoever will own Blizzard, will be happy to make a few hundreds of millions of $$$...

Oh, there's no doubt that Blizzard has intended for quite some time to make a Starcraft 2. The 'hidden' mission in Brood Wars was a dead giveaway, as all it really did was raise a number of questions about what was going on. That mission was bait, pure and simple.

The question is if and when Starcraft 2 will come out. Vivendi's probably going to sell its software arm in the very near future, and whoever buys it might excercise much tighter control over Blizzard (not a very wise move on said owning company's part, but a possibility nonetheless).

If MS gets Vivendi's software division (and it looks as if there might be some talk along those lines), then I'd say there's probably at least an even chance that development of Ghost for any platform other than X-Box will come to a halt.

Back