Star Wars Trailer

Jason_Ryock

Vice Admiral
...so er, where's the thread about the Star Wars trailer that was shown with the episode of "Orange County" on TV tonight?

I figured everyone here would be talking about it and here we are three hours after the trailer debuts online and no one has anything to say?

I think the best scenes in the movie look like the massive ship vs ship combat that take place over Coruscant - reminds me of the WC Movie!

Is this the same trailer that's been on the net for a few months, or was it a new one? The space battles look awesome in this- can't wait for it to come out.

It looks pretty good. I was wondering when Darth Vader was going to appear in the trailer and then they slipped him in right at the end. I don't know the exact release dates but I bet the UK is going to get a later release as always which is the annoying thing about films in this country.

luminon said:
It looks pretty good. I was wondering when Darth Vader was going to appear in the trailer and then they slipped him in right at the end. I don't know the exact release dates but I bet the UK is going to get a later release as always which is the annoying thing about films in this country.

i've been hearing that Darth Vader just might show up at the end of the movie. that's what i have been hearing.

He does show up at the end. If you buy the DVD set of the original trilogy, the behind the scenes DVD shows the making of the new Darth Vader suit for Hayden and it shows him walk onto the set wearing the suit. Very cool. James Earl Jones does the voice again too.

I saw this thing a couple days back. It's pretty good - but one big lightsaber fight doesn't make up for Episode II and the probable shittyness of Episode III.

there will be several lightsaber fights:

Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous
Anakin vs. Dooku
Yoda vs. Palpatine
Obi-Wan vs. Anakin

and there will inevitably be many Jedi deaths, probably Mace Windu included. After all this is when the Jedi Purge began.

Well, Yoda vs. Palpatine should be something interesting, but what I really want to see is Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, after all it should be a major connection point between Ep. III and Ep. IV. I allays wondered how Obi-Wan escaped alive in his confrontation with Vader.

I want to see more Yoda acting zany in a lightsaber battle like I want a Wing Commander Freespace mod.

Maybe Jar-Jar will get in the way of someone's flailing lightsabre. Just maybe.

And I liked Episode 2. Take away Anakin's whining, and I didn't think it was half bad. I suppose that's an argument left for another day and another thread.

If it makes you feel any better LOAF, Yoda HAS to lose, or else everything in episodes 4-6 wouldnt have happened. Im just curious as to how he loses to Palpatine, but survives. Why wouldnt Palpatine kill him?

Kilrah said:
Well, Yoda vs. Palpatine should be something interesting, but what I really want to see is Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, after all it should be a major connection point between Ep. III and Ep. IV. I allays wondered how Obi-Wan escaped alive in his confrontation with Vader.

You might want to read the Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novelization, then, as it is explained there (how the Obi-Wan versus Anakin fight ends).

MOVIE SPOILER!

Obi-Wan and Anakin are fighting near a large pool of lava when Anakin gets shoved in. Obi-Wan leaves him for dead. Anakin obviously doesn't die, but the extent of his injuries require him to wear a suit with a mechanical breathing apparatus--thus the black suit that is synonymous with Darth Vader.

Thats common knowledge in the Star Wars community. I think what he meant was that the fight itself will be pretty cool.

The new Trailer has some Footage of Yoda and Palpatine dueling in the Senate Chamber on Coruscant, with Yoda leaping from platform to platform as Palpatine leaps higher and higher, all the while Force Pushing seantor pods down at Yoda.

You will see Darth Vader in the new movie - this is confirmed both in the new and the old trailer, and in a variety of places online.

Also, the United Kingdom will have the same Release date as here in the states. LucasFilm posted a list of Release dates for differant Countries on their website and I remember reading through it - the only country with an entirely differant release date is Japan, which gets it almost three months after the rest of the world.

Count on seeing it in Theatres near you on May 19th, 2005.

Darklightr said:
MOVIE SPOILER!

Obi-Wan and Anakin are fighting near a large pool of lava when Anakin gets shoved in. Obi-Wan leaves him for dead. Anakin obviously doesn't die, but the extent of his injuries require him to wear a suit with a mechanical breathing apparatus--thus the black suit that is synonymous with Darth Vader.

DUH

I'm looking forward to the space battles that the preview showed. I hope these have a more Ep. 4 + 6 size chunk of the movie than an Ep. 1 sized spot. The action looks great as you watch the preview- but if you slow it down or stop it while watching the internet trailer, the graphics look terrible- the two capships look like a couple cardboard cutouts. Hopefully those graphics will look fine when the film is showed in realtime. There also seems to be some mention of Anakin's skills as a fighter pilot- so hopefully we'll get to see some good WC-ish fighter combat.

I want too know how and when Palpatine's face changed from ''good old man'' to '' Slimey'' from Ghostbusters.

Back