Star Wars: Squadrons

Muz1234

Rear Admiral
Anyone manage to run this game on current system? Laptop is Latitude 5480, crash to desktop, before the first mission...

I think we're going to need more info on your laptop specs to answer that, as it works fine on my computer with a 3.8GHz AMD processor, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU and 18GB of RAM operating on Windows 10 Home

Anyone manage to run this game on current system? Laptop is Latitude 5480, crash to desktop, before the first mission...
I own the game and it definitely wants a rig with some oomph. I'm running an Intel i7-10700K (mildly overclocked,) an eVGA RTX 3060 Ti (also mildly overclocked) and 32 GB of RAM and it will gladly use it all.

According to this post on the EA Forum:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows 10
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i5 6600k or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection
Hard-drive space: 40 GB

Things you can try:
Download and install the latest Intel Graphics drivers (I believe you have Intel 620 graphics) and you can also try to change the amount of RAM allotted to the graphics in your system BIOS. Watch this YouTube video for an example of how to do this.

How to Increase Video Memory with Intel HD Graphics - Dell, Windows 7, 10

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, every hit of info I found says the intel 620 can start the game, but crash to desktop as you experienced without a solution..
Even if you had the nvidia quadro option in that lattitude, it would be a slideshow.

Since you are on a laptop, and likely not in the mood the build to build a complete system just for this game I think the easiest upgrade would be a used xbox one or PS/4. It's crossplay, so you won't miss out on other players.

Ofcourse you can try streaming the game but you'd also need an Xbox game pass or Playstation now account and subscription.

I own the game and it definitely wants a rig with some oomph. I'm running an Intel i7-10700K (mildly overclocked,) an eVGA RTX 3060 Ti (also mildly overclocked) and 32 GB of RAM and it will gladly use it all.

According to this post on the EA Forum:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows 10
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i5 6600k or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection
Hard-drive space: 40 GB

Things you can try:
Download and install the latest Intel Graphics drivers (I believe you have Intel 620 graphics) and you can also try to change the amount of RAM allotted to the graphics in your system BIOS. Watch this YouTube video for an example of how to do this.

How to Increase Video Memory with Intel HD Graphics - Dell, Windows 7, 10

I hope this helps!
It will work fine on a lower end rig like my old FX8320 with 32GB and an AMD Fury X, in 1440p.. But if you have more powerfull system like my recent Ryzen 5700G with 64GB and an 6800XT, it will still gladly eat it all. But, it never asks or demanded for more on the lower end system.

Back