star wars rogue one teaser trailer

Jdawg

Commodore
star wars rogue one trailer is out and holy rap it looks amazing. im sooo excited edwards the director totally captured the look of the OT while updating it, and the music is my favorite part, combining the star wars theme with the imperial theme at the end of the trailer. Here is the trailer for those that have not seen it yet.

Yeah, that looks really good, really like Star Wars. On the other hand, that is exactly what I said about the original trailer for SW:TFA and in the end, the look was good and the script was very disappointing. Cautious optimism for now, if they screw up that movie too I am done with Disney Star Wars.

The teaser teaser started with a TIE fighter screech and laser fire, and then this one had X-Wings and Rebel pilots... I bet a dogfight or two is likely.

Yeah, that looks really good, really like Star Wars. On the other hand, that is exactly what I said about the original trailer for SW:TFA and in the end, the look was good and the script was very disappointing. Cautious optimism for now, if they screw up that movie too I am done with Disney Star Wars.

dont want to make this a force awakens thread but I have seen the movie 6 times and its my second favorite star wars movie ever, right behind empire strikes back. my top three are empire, force awakens, and jedi. I actually think a new hope is a pretty poor movie when it comes to dialogue, humor, story and acting which are all george lucas weak pts, just look at the script for indiana jones and the crystal of who gives a shit lol.

I was expecting more of a Rogue Squadron kinda movie. More focused on an elite team of x wing fighters with a mission to steal the death star plans. Looks more like a shadows of the empire kyle katurn kinda thing which is cool too. I just want a movie with like 50% space missions. Like how i wished the WC movie was. This still looks cool just not what I was expecting.

Nothing would make me happier, but Disney is devoted to stamp every inch of Star Wars with their own nouns.

I see this all over social media right now, and I don't understand it at all! It's like people who pay insane amounts to clone their beloved pets... why would it be in any way satisfying? Kyle Katarn is interesting because of his stories and who he was in the Legends contintuity... bringing him to a completely new story just for the sake of recognizing his name seems like shallow lip service.

It's the same way throughout. People are going nuts about Thrawn coming to Rebels next season and I'm just... why would I care? He's a random blue guy in a background costume from A New Hope when you don't have the establishing context of Heir to the Empire. It's like otherwise sane people are begging for Seth MacFarlane-style writing: 'this is great because he said a thing that I recognize what it is!'

Let Legends be Legends. Take from it freely and happily when there's something that'll drive a story or improve the world... but don't rely on it as some crutch, or some shorthand way to get street cred from longtime fans... let the new thing be its own world.

(That all said, I would LOVE a Tales from... style story that revisits all these deleted heroes in whatever form they have in the new continuity. That says IF Kyle Katarn isn't the guy stealing the Death Star plans, who is he and how is he different? And just do that for all the Luke standins and the various beloved Mary Sues from the 1990s. But I think it needs to be a focused project rather than having old EU material as spices to entrance crotchety fans with unrelated stories.)

Yeah, I don't mind gender-flipped Katarn, Jones seems like a reasonable enough choice for the role if the teaser is anything to go by. Not sure I'm sold on the story, though, I'm pretty sure I was tired of the Death Star plans being stolen like twenty years ago.
Gareth Edwards stated that the style of the film will be similar to that of a war film, stating, "It's the reality of war. Good guys are bad. Bad guys are good. It's complicated, layered; a very rich scenario in which to set a movie."
This sounds very promising, though.

The whole notion of having to "retrieve" the stolen plans was stupid--they're information--ideas, not substance--stuff that can be carried in the brain rather than the hands. Even if they weren't computer files that can be copied electronically, even if they were just blueprints on paper, it would be pretty much assumed that the Rebels would have made multiple copies of the plans as quickly as possible, and distributed them to enough separate locations that nothing short of crushing their whole fleet would take the information out of Rebel hands. The only chance to "retrieve" them and deprive the Rebels of them was before the agents who had actually stolen them were able to return to their base.

I wouldn't call her a gender flipped Kyle Katarn. Just a new character. Now if her name was Kylie Katarn or something I would get it. But at this i think some people need to learn to let go of the EU. It's still alive on paper and in our memories, but that's it. Notice there was no mention of Thrawn taking over for Palpatine after Rotj in episode 7? That's cuz it didn't happen anymore. They have new stories to tell now.

I mean, she seems to be the same archetype as Katarn, doing the things Katarn (and everyone else at some point) did, so it's as good a term as any. As for the EU parts of it seem to be recanonized at an astonishing rate, so I'm not sure where we're at with that. Hopefully we won't be seeing Palpatine clones or sun crushers any time soon.

Well Kyle's rebel handler was Jan Ors, this character is named Jan in the trailer I saw, and she meets Mon Mothma, like the original Jan knew Mon Mothma.

This gives cool tie in to the Legends series of Kyle and Jan, if thats all that translates over, well thats fine I can live with it.

It'll be an enjoyable movie anyway. Sit back and enjoy when it hits in December.

Should be more fun than Ep7 (which was fun) going back to the Empire vs Rebellion we all knew.

Well Kyle's rebel handler was Jan Ors, this character is named Jan in the trailer I saw, and she meets Mon Mothma, like the original Jan knew Mon Mothma.

Well, If you ever played the original dark forces and remember the cutscenes.. I'm pretty sure the guy next to the screen, and later walking by her side wearing clothes resembling the outfit of Kyle Katarn......

To me it looks like they maybe merged Jan and Kyle into one charakter, which would be fine for me.
The trailer looks very good! :)

To me it looks like they maybe merged Jan and Kyle into one charakter, which would be fine for me.
The trailer looks very good! :)
Well, the internet is hot ranting on this, but untill we know more, the guy in brown, played by actor Diego Luna:

5-reasons-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-is-a-dark-forces-movie-in-disguise-924274.jpg
trailerscreenshot.jpg

Is a lead character in the film, and he might just be Katarn, or a character based on him. We'll probably learn that in the next trailer.

Well, the trailer looks ok (although I'm starting to wonder if there's some unwritten new rule banning Star Wars leads from being male), but...

This sounds very promising, though.
Ugh, really? You seriously think that "It's the reality of war. Good guys are bad. Bad guys are good. It's complicated, layered; a very rich scenario in which to set a movie" sounds promising for a Star Wars film? There are many excellent films out there that explore the harsh realities of war and all that jazz. There's a very good reason why none of those films have Star Wars in their name: because that's the anti-thesis of Star Wars.

I don't know why, but I was under the impression before hand that Rogue One was supposed to be an ensemble cast about a team that goes on a mission to steal the plans... Maybe I had the wrong idea, but I still think it's entirely possible that there will be several teasers focusing on the different characters on the team.

Ugh, really? You seriously think that "It's the reality of war. Good guys are bad. Bad guys are good. It's complicated, layered; a very rich scenario in which to set a movie" sounds promising for a Star Wars film? There are many excellent films out there that explore the harsh realities of war and all that jazz. There's a very good reason why none of those films have Star Wars in their name: because that's the anti-thesis of Star Wars.

As far as the main series goes I tend to agree, but in a spin-off about WW2 spies doing WW2 spy stuff in space? Sure, why not, might as well give it a go.

Back