Star Trek Online Official Site Up

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
They opened a simple Star Trek Online website. http://www.startrek.perpetual.com/ This might be the first non-Origin mmo game I'm really interested in. Scheduled completion is still two years off though. Lots of general structure in their FAQ http://www.startrek.perpetual.com/?p=faq No word yet on whether you can collect things, label containers or decorate food.
What are the playable races? What professions can I choose?
The following playable races & professions are being considered:
- Races: Vulcan, Bolian, Human, Trill, Bajoran, Andorian, Tellarite
- Departments: flight control, medical, science, tactical/security, engineering

"The player point of view in all modes of play will be predominantly 3rd person."

:( Aww..

Ed

Actually Chris, its less than a year off. The offical release date for the game says 'Q1 2006, which means anytime between this upcoming January and March. It says that on the main page.

Sylvester said:
Actually Chris, its less than a year off. The offical release date for the game says 'Q1 2006, which means anytime between this upcoming January and March. It says that on the main page.

If you look closer, unfortunately it says "Official Website Launches: Q1 2006." This is sort of a filler website. They should have a real website with screenshots, forums, etc, in Q1 2006.

Where can I find out more about Star Trek Online?
A robust community site is planned for early 2006, in the meantime, we’ve created a temporary site containing announcements and links to game resources at www.startrek.perpetual.com

When are the beta and release dates?
We are not yet ready to announce beta or release timing information. Development of STO is expected to take at least 2 years.

How can I sign up for the beta program?
It will be at least a year before we get a beta signup program going. Once we have a beta plan in place and are ready to gather a list of beta participants, we will make the appropriate announcements.

Back