Star Trek: Nemesis' lackluster box office :(

Originally posted by panther
I think they changed it from the original script to the shooting script.

I haven't seen it yet though so I could be wrong:)
It's B4, going along with Soong's kindof twisted sense of humor.

C-ya

Originally posted by Napoleon

Voyacrap and Entecrap have no right to be called star trek. It seems after the two best outings of trek, TNG and DS9, they decided that it should suck worse than TAS and the 5th movie

Except for the fact that Enter-(good?) is the best thing to happen to Trek in a LONG time. It's already become my second favorite Trek series, behind TNG. DS9 after that, and then the lowly Voyager. I don't count TOS in, because it's on a completely different level. It's only the best TV show, ever. In any genre. In any decade.

Yes... TOS is by far the most amazing thing ever on TV. Just the level of writing, symbolism, and everything else on the show... if you look into it, it's not just a sci-fi show, it's a morality play. Nothing can beat TOS.

However, I don't consider any of the other Trek's bad... we all have our favorites... but to call one of them crap?! I think they're all really good... some better than others... but none are bad.

Finally saw it.. Pretty good overall. Unfortunately narrow in scope. I'd have loved to see a shot of that little flotilla at the end.. USS Galaxy, USS Nova, etc, all in the same place with the Enterprise would have been quite nice. Nice cameos. Wonderful incident with the viewscreen during the battle.

Well, I did see Nemisis on Friday night and it is the best so far for the Next Gen crew. Best for the original would be Wrath of Kahn which is essentialy the same story premise. It is bretty strange that the even/odd episodes have stayed true for the past 20 years or so. For those that are unaware you have the even movies: Kahn, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, Contact, and Nemisis which are all pretty good. Then you have the odd movies: Motion Picture, Search for Spock, Final Frontier, Insurrection that well range from bad to really really bad.

In your list of the Star Trek movies...where the crap is Generations??? That was an odd numbered one and one of the best at that. I saw Nemesis and loved it. I really like the some of the references to TNG and TOS (the Kirk maneuver:p ). One thing that really stood out to me that was wrong was that in the picture that shows Picard as a cadet in Nemesis does not agree with one episode in TNG where Q shows Picard what life would have been like if Picard weren't stabbed through the heart. It showed that he had hair as a cadet unlike the bald Picard in Nemesis. But overall it stayed true to the series. My absolute favorite Star Trek movie (one of the more overlooked ones). Nicholas Myers truly created a masterpiece. Then comes Generations, then Nemesis. I think Nicholas Myers should have done Nemesis instead of Stuart Baird. Holy Crap I'm watching Recreation (WCATV) MICHAEL DORN (WORF) IS A VIKING (The voice of it). Okay anyway I don't like DS9 or Voyager, Enterprise is pretty good. TNG and the Original Series were the best. But the original series is the winning champ for me. The best all time episode is "A Piece of the Action." The animated series weren't half bad. But yeah, Nemesis deserves alot more. The four best movies for me this year are the following starting with #1 1.AOTC 2. Minority Report 3. Nemesis 4. We Were Soldiers

Hehe, I think the guy who owns Brenden theaters must like Star Trek or something 'cause my local Brenden is showing Star Trek almost constantly *still*.

Back