Standoff

U

Unregistered

hey, played standoff the day it was out, but i have been eagerley waiting 6 months for the 2nd episode. How long now?

Another month or two, depending on wheter the things that are delaying us start progressing faster or not. You can be sure that we'll make each new episode worth the wait, though.

Also, Ep. 1 came out less than 5 months ago. :)

Yeah, Ep. 1 only had 6 missions... We have 15 in Ep. 2, so that takes considerably more time to work out... the later episodes should take less time to finish.

[23:48] <ChrisReid> 50% of our news was fan project screenshots six months ago
[23:48] <TC> I think you'd have to shoot Eder to make him stop standoff
[23:49] <ChrisReid> I can't remember the last real mod news I reported on
[23:49] <ChrisReid> yeah, I hope so

In conclusion, you should post some screenshots or something, and then Chris can make a news post and be happy.

Don't worry. Work has never stopped on the project, and episode y'all should get a news update real soon.

*looks to Ed*

Standoff is progressing. It's just not always screenshot-able. I mean, what's left to do for Episode 2 is music, some model touch-ups, some voiceovers and a little debugging. These make boring screenshots ;)

And many little new Vision engine enhancements and also getting implemented, most being usefull only to the mission programmers or giving subtle results so it should not struck you when you get to actually play Ep2... even less make nice screenshots.

I dont think we need anymore screenshots.We have played Standoff,we have seen thousands of pics before ,we know whats about.More screenshots are useless for me.Just let the guys work on the game ! :p

We all played WC2 and Secret Ops before, so why ever bother with any Standoff screenshots? There are undoubtedly new scenes and things which could be capped, and taking a couple minutes to grab some every couple months certainly wouldn't detract from their overall effort. This isn't a critique of the Standoff team, as most other fan projects do even less.

ChrisReid said:
We all played WC2 and Secret Ops before, so why ever bother with any Standoff screenshots? There are undoubtedly new scenes and things which could be capped, and taking a couple minutes to grab some every couple months certainly wouldn't detract from their overall effort. This isn't a critique of the Standoff team, as most other fan projects do even less.

IMO, Standoff looks more detailed than WC2 and different than Secret Ops. Fans like the screens, and your post may sound insulting to those who patiently wait for the release.

(...like me)

Lazy Panda said:
IMO, Standoff looks more detailed than WC2 and different than Secret Ops. Fans like the screens, and your post may sound insulting to those who patiently wait for the release.

(...like me)

Yeah, fans do like hearing about the game in progress. That's exactly why I said it'd be nice to get an update every couple months. Where exactly do you think I've insulted you? I don't see it.

Chris is not insulting anyone :) . I just expressed my opinion about Screenshots and Chris also said his opinion that is all Lazy Panda :cool: .

Relax guys. Not everything is "screenshotable" ;)

From what I know from Eder, silence is a good thing. I am sure he is devoting all the time humanly possible to get standoff finished.

And if does give any help:
Eder let me know if I can help with anything.
Probably not, but you know you can count on me in case you need.

Lazy Panda said:
Fans like the screens, and your post may sound insulting to those who patiently wait for the release.
Well, I'm actually honored by Chris's comparing Standoff to WC2-gone-WCP. :p

But about getting new screenshots, yeah, it'd definitely be a good idea, but unlike what happened before Ep 1's release, this time around part of the responsibility for delaying the release is *mine* - we've got unfinished models and cutscenes, instead of just voiceovers and music like back in December... so I've really been dedicating all my spare time to getting these things done so we can get Ep 2 out.

It was much more fun in Ep 1, when I actually had time to play through the game a few times and help hunt down bugs and such. :p

KW: Thanks for the support. Say, how much spare time do you have nowadays? ;)

The other problem is that as usual, we've got stuff in there that we do not wish to screenshoot, because we do want to keep a few things secret ;). Still, when I get back home, I'll see if there's anything worth shooting in the sim missions.

Quarto said:
The other problem is that as usual, we've got stuff in there that we do not wish to screenshoot, because we do want to keep a few things secret ;).
Oh, yeah, I remember a couple of those. :p

Eder said:
KW: Thanks for the support. Say, how much spare time do you have nowadays? ;)

Not very much unfortunately, but if you need help, just let me know and I will see what can be done.
You got my e-mail. ;)

Guys i have 2 admit i cant wait any longer!!!!! im itching 2 get in2 the cockpit again but hay im sure it will b more than worth the wait!!! :D

We hate the delays as much as you all do, so rest assured we're trying to minimize this problem, given our limitations.

We're giving our best to make it worth the wait, though, I can tell you that... if we were to release some half-baked game, we could've done it long ago and we'd have moved on with our lives by now. :p

Back